Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
When I try to forward a funny email with pictures attached it never shows up in the persons email account.

I always select the option to 'attach files' but everyone still says the pictures didn't send with the email.

Any solutions....is anyone else having the same issue??

Thanks everyone,

James

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
When I try to forward a funny email with pictures attached it never shows up in the persons email account.

I always select the option to 'attach files' but everyone still says the pictures didn't send with the email.

Any solutions....is anyone else having the same issue??

Thanks everyone,

James

I have this issue (3GS, 32GB, all OS updates, not jailbroken), and there are others in the Apple forums who do. I've pursued a case with Apple support, with a techie who said he's actually on the iPhone development team. He couldn't figure it out, and recommended I get the phone repaired/replaced. I've so far chosen not to do that, because everything else about the phone is fine and I don't often have the need to forward pix...but it's aggravating when it doesn't work, for sure.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
I have been havng the same problem. But a weird thing I noticed is if I send from my AOL email on the iPhone it works perfect. The problem is with my .mac/MobileMe account. I say include files when I forward, but the people I send to never get the pics. If I use .mac on my MacBook Pro it sends fine. It's something with the iPhone.

cliffboley

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
Salem, Oregon
I and a friend are having the same problem.
He told me is was an issue with comcast's email and he call them and they
fixed it.

I haven't gotten around to calling comcast to confirm it.

If its an issue with the email services then that would explain why the
apple guy didn't have any idea what was wrong.

be22323

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
I had the same forwarding problem. Mine was with Gmail to Hotmail. Receiving iphone was purchased that day. On phone with ATT late Friday night for 35 min. Apple support was closed. The tech support rep tried valiantly (called me back using several other iphones while we turned off each and she sent reset signals.) She scheduled a tech support call for Sunday at 10:00 AM. They called at 4:00 PM as I was walking into the Apple Store. Told them I would discuss the problem at the Genius Bar. Never made it to the Genius Bar as the que was too long. Status today is that I can forward an email with included photo from my laptop to the new iphone successfully. I can not forward successfully from my iphone. The text appears but the photo shows as an empty outline box with a small question mark in the center.

Never had high blood pressure before, now I'm looking for a new new GP. Mine is retiring and I waited an hour for the covering doctor. I canceled and walked out. This is a pain since many aren't taking new patients until the flu season is over. However regarding blood pressure," there's an app for that"

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Status today is that I can forward an email with included photo from my laptop to the new iphone successfully. I can not forward successfully from my iphone. The text appears but the photo shows as an empty outline box with a small question mark in the center.

What SMTP server are the people having this problem using? I am using my hosting company's SMTP server to send email with my iPhone and I have no problems forwarding messages with images.

S-

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
What SMTP server are the people having this problem using? I am using my hosting company's SMTP server to send email with my iPhone and I have no problems forwarding messages with images.

S-

Not sure it makes a difference. The Apple support tech had me delete all accounts and add them back in one at a time (because he thought it might be a network or SMTP problem), and then restore the phone and do it again, testing all the while, and nothing fixed the issue. It happens with Yahoo, Gmail, MobileMe, all of them. After reading your post just now, I tried going in to Settings on the phone and turning off the Yahoo SMTP server and turning the AT&T server on, and then deleting the Yahoo server, and it wouldn't let me do it. The best I can do is it says it will try Yahoo's first, then AT&T's if Yahoo's doesn't work. Same for Gmail with their own server.

My issue has actually improved somewhat, in that I can forward my test email and the pictures will show up as attachments, but they have strange characters instead of titles and the recipient has to specify a program to use to open them. They show up as "bitstream/octet" files rather than .jpg's. But they'll open if I tell Windows what program to use.

cortland1998

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
Gmail Imap

I am also having this same problem. I have tried to different ways using my Gmail account and both will not let me forward images. I first use the built in settings for Gmail. The second way is going through http://www.nuevasync.com, which is an exchange server for my Gmail account. Neither of these allow me to send images. Frustrating!!!! Has anyone found a fix yet?

pchelp

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
forwarding emails and pictures don't attach

This problem also exits when a Mac sends an inline picture to a Windows PC. Forwarding the email does not include the picture but only a placeholder. A work around is to click reply, as if you were replying to the message. Then erase the email address of who sent it and add the addresses of who you want to receive it. This works.

hotshotharry

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
It seems this is even a bigger issue in os4 ! Can anyone shed some light on this problem ?

Can anyone describe a situation where it actually works for them ?

#1 - Ok so it seems that yahoo is the biggest culprit. Upon deleting everything and re-adding gmail exchange account first fixed the problem ... at least for now! (yahoo still doesnt work but gmail does)

rt66

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
iPad aol forwarded no attachments

When I forward aol emails from iPad with attachments the email arrives but not the attachments. ?? Any help?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.