Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theimacguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Alright, I'm been trying to figure this one out for months, but I'm stumped. I'm not quite sure what caused this, but I've come up with nothing to solve it. So, I have a "Recently Added" Smart Playlist in my iTunes library. I have it set to contain the 100 most recent music files that were added to my library in the past month, and they are ordered by date added. Whenever I sync this playlist to my iPod touch (2nd gen, 3.12, jailbroken), however, the songs in the playlist are displayed in the wrong order. It almost seems like they've been randomized (and yes, shuffle is off). Strange thing is, none of my other smart playlists are in incorrect order; just this one. Also, when viewing the playlist on the iPod in iTunes, it's in the correct order. Finally, I was recently playing around with my old iPod mini, and the playlist syncs and displays just fine on there. So, MacRumors, I come to you. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? Have I stumbled across some kind of unfortunate bug? Thanks much, and if you need any additional information, ask away.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Known bug. I believe workaround is to make a second smart playlist and set it to "playlist = recent playlist," then sync the second playlist to your ipod instead of the "recent playlist."

theimacguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Known bug. I believe workaround is to make a second smart playlist and set it to "playlist = recent playlist," then sync the second playlist to your ipod instead of the "recent playlist."

Well, I'll be, that actually works. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.