Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Way to go!

thanks! should be #9 today!

Our team is at 2.147 million points for the last 7 days, the highest I've ever seen it!! Way to go Team!

Macrumors.com - Team Folding - 7 days 2,146,864 Total points 146,241M

We're catching up to those Greeks and will soon pass them.

yeah way to go! i know we've been picking it up lately. i think the more we keep this forum active, the more active the macrumors community will be. to keep posting stuff here

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
yep, a good thing for sure. we are doing better as a team for real now. just gotta keep people interested and involved

Too bad we can't get an occational mention on the front page of this here website! ARN, are you out there, hint, hint... I'd write something to post on the front page but I'm not a good writer :D

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Too bad we can't get an occational mention on the front page of this here website! ARN, are you out there, hint, hint... I'd write something to post on the front page but I'm not a good writer :D

yeah that would help. but i think if we keep new threads and posts going in here then people will see it with forum spy and get more people involved. i mean just the little we've been posting here in the last few has gotten more people going. just look at me, you, scifrog, and others who really started stepping it up.
mc68k stepped it up also, but he's been active on here more in the past than we have (not to take anything away from him).

we just need 4JNA to come back!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i finally got 2 million now. i started this thread on 10/4/2009. today is 11/26/2009. so what is that, 53 days? considering how long it took for me to get to 1 million to begin with, i'm pretty happy with that

well today (12.22.09) i hit 3 million. so that was only like 27 days for the last million. i'm happy with that. just gotta keep it going

also, congrats to lyzardking for 5 million points also!

lyzardking

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Are they having problems finishing on time or do they quit before they get all the way finished?

I had two of them (on two different machines) just stop, all eight cores using 0% CPU.

Prior to that I'd get one done about 2 days early (with killer points) on each machine.

So I've restarted the client (dumped prefs/reinstalled F@H) on each machine and now have a completion date of ~12/25 (fingers crossed) for both machines.

Congrats to twoodcc for hitting the 3 mil mark!

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I had two of them (on two different machines) just stop, all eight cores using 0% CPU.

Prior to that I'd get one done about 2 days early (with killer points) on each machine.

So I've restarted the client (dumped prefs/reinstalled F@H) on each machine and now have a completion date of ~12/25 (fingers crossed) for both machines.

I've found that starting from scratch sometimes fixes things, so hopefully that will work, good luck!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I was trying to watch when you hit 3 mil but you beat me to it, congrats!

thanks! :)

hopefully they will work for you this time. and thanks!:)

I've found that starting from scratch sometimes fixes things, so hopefully that will work, good luck!

yeah i agree. hopefully it'll work out this time

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
nice. glad it worked for you!

and congrats to mc68k for 9 million points!

and congrats to whiterabbit for 5 million points!

Sorry you couldn't have stayed in 4th place for longer lyzardking... but at least you can claim you were there! :D And you are getting more points for the team!

And it looks like mc68k is definitly going to be our first to the big 10 mil!! You are cooking right now with over 600k ppw - as Jim Carey would say (in Mask) "smokin"!

I have now organized my machines with five (linux) in the cold basement, and the 2 win/gpu machines in 4u boxes I got on ebay in the rack with the mac. I spent christmas day, snowbound, rerouting the wiring (and cleaning the "computer room" so everything at least looks much better. I actually got 4 4u cases so I have room to grow, they were $28 each plus $17? each for shipping. 4u is about the same size as a normal tower case so everything fits in nicely. I will post some pics soon.

lyzardking

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Sorry you couldn't have stayed in 4th place for longer lyzardking... but at least you can claim you were there! :D And you are getting more points for the team!

Doesn't look like I'll be fifth for that long (looking over a shoulder at a quickly approaching twoodcc)

:cool:

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
I spent christmas day, snowbound, rerouting the wiring (and cleaning the "computer room" so everything at least looks much better. I actually got 4 4u cases so I have room to grow, they were $28 each plus $17? each for shipping. 4u is about the same size as a normal tower case so everything fits in nicely. I will post some pics soon.
looking forward to the pics, sounds like an operation!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

And it looks like mc68k is definitly going to be our first to the big 10 mil!! You are cooking right now with over 600k ppw - as Jim Carey would say (in Mask) "smokin"!

I have now organized my machines with five (linux) in the cold basement, and the 2 win/gpu machines in 4u boxes I got on ebay in the rack with the mac. I spent christmas day, snowbound, rerouting the wiring (and cleaning the "computer room" so everything at least looks much better. I actually got 4 4u cases so I have room to grow, they were $28 each plus $17? each for shipping. 4u is about the same size as a normal tower case so everything fits in nicely. I will post some pics soon.

sounds nice. looking forward to seeing the pics

Doesn't look like I'll be fifth for that long (looking over a shoulder at a quickly approaching twoodcc)

:cool:

ha. well it'll be a little while before i catch up to you.

also, congrats to rreini for reaching 1 million points!

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
We are now in 56th place!

And mc68k should be over 10 million about now! Congrats! Happy new year :D
thats great news! it's been a while since we've been able to pass teams with ease. prob due to new enthusiastic users + the bigadv WUs

i'll be at 8 digits, not too bad. but it's really just a #. things might be changing for me for the worse WU-wise temporarily

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
We are now in 56th place!

And mc68k should be over 10 million about now! Congrats! Happy new year :D

great news! glad we are passing some teams!

thats great news! it's been a while since we've been able to pass teams with ease. prob due to new enthusiastic users + the bigadv WUs

i'll be at 8 digits, not too bad. but it's really just a #. things might be changing for me for the worse WU-wise temporarily

congrats! yeah my numbers might be down a lil also in the next couple of weeks it's looking like

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
mc68k

We can't keep this pace up all the time, I will probably be forced to do the same in the summer.

great news! glad we are passing some teams!

congrats! yeah my numbers might be down a lil also in the next couple of weeks it's looking like

Hopefully we can pass another team in about 30 days or so, we'll see if we can pick up some steam from new folders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.