Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sseguin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I am running windows 7. I used to be able to plug my iphone with the usb cable and see the iphone folder, similar to a "drive" in windows explorer. Since the last few hours when I plug it in it does not show up in windows explorer.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver but nothing.

Any advice or tips on how to make it appear again?

Thx.

Sseguin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Are you jailbroken?

yes

I am running windows 7. I used to be able to plug my iphone with the usb cable and see the iphone folder, similar to a "drive" in windows explorer. Since the last few hours when I plug it in it does not show up in windows explorer.

Thx.

Bump. Anyone?

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I used to be able to plug my iphone with the usb cable and see the iphone folder, similar to a "drive" in windows explorer. Since the last few hours when I plug it in it does not show up in windows explorer.

Thx.

I'm on Windows Vista. I was having this problem this morning. Here's what I discovered was the cause.

I found that when I had NO photos in the CAMERA ROLL on the iPhone Photo's app. When I connected my iPhone to my computer with the USB cable, it would not appear in My Computer/Windows Explorer. However, when I had any pictures in the Camera Roll, and I then reconnected the iPhone, it would then appear in My Computer/Windows Explorer.

I tried the above around 6 times and the same thing happened everytime.

I thought I would post what worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.