Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zdblue11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
Someone has recommended me this dock/alarm on macrumors so i thought it'd give it a try. At first the dock part of the alarm felt like a very cheap plastic so i was a bit worried about the durability of this alarm.

Pros:
- Has many buttons so I have trouble every morning turning off this alarm. By the time I turn this alarm off, I am some what awake and this is a good thing! It does it job well as an alarm.
- the sound system of this alarm isn't the best but it is good enough to wake me up and not annoy me when i actually play music from this alarm.
- very small compared to other alarm docks

Cons:
- As many reviewers on this alarm has noticed, the screen is way too bright even on the lightest settings. I have turned it away from me slightly so the lighting of this alarm doesnt bother my sleep.
- The dock is builty in pretty poor quality

I have not tried out the radio function because I really do not listen to the radio. According to the reviews on amazon.com, the antenna is very poorly made for a $90 dock alarm so be aware if you do listen to the radio frequently. I'd recommend this alarm if you do not listen to the radio and use this for alarm (cd/ipod).
here's the link to the alarm:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICFCD3iP...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261434821&sr=8-6

Attachments

• sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 402

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
The dock so far has almost made its first year of usage in my part and contrary to what you say, it is durable. I'm using a dock adapter so I can plug my iPhone with a case on it. I'm more concerned about the lid for the CD since it doesn't really "lock" it's place and can easily be pulled.

And I agree on the button part, there's tons.

zdblue11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
yea overall it's pretty nice, and does what i want it to do
but i have to say it has some flaws for a $90 alarm. maybe i was expecting a lil too much :p

jparris1

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
Sony makes almost the same model without the CD player (ICF-C7IP). It's dim enough that I don't have to drape something over it at night (unlike the ICFCD3iP which as you stated is way too bright.) Otherwise it is pretty much the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.