Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svalentine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I just got my MacBook Pro and I've been playing around with the built in camera. I'm bored this Christmas day and decided to take a few photos of myself. Which do you like best? Thanks lol ;)

Also I own iPhoto and Aperture, I was wondering how do you brighten only a certain area of a picture. i.e. the eyes. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 116

TheOnlyJon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Indianapolis
It's difficult to selectively brighten/expose in iPhoto, I know that much. I haven't used Aperture, but I'm fairly certain it's just a slightly more advanced version of iPhoto. Your best bet is Photoshop. Or just set up some lamps to brighten things up.

JWitmer

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2009
I usually just ask my mom which ones look best. If not, I ask my friends from Runescape.

LAWLZ

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
If you really want a cool Facebook profile picture, you'll use one of the built in backgrounds on Photo Booth. I recommend either the "Earthrise" or "Clouds" for the best "out of this world" effect.

No, seriously. Get a picture from an outing with friends. Or try to look goofy or fun or something other than ... that. :)

Just my opinion.

BlackiBook

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2009
Norman, Oklahoma
Maybe try not to look so :cool: in your photos... Natural photos or goofy photos would be best for facebook in my opinion... But I also think you are making a joke!

P.S.- Also paint a wall or something!

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Jesus, can the current generation really not even make the simplest decision for itself?!?!

quoted for the mother effing truth.

For what it's worth, my vote is to put them all into a compilation and make that your profile picture.

CHAOS STEP

macrumors 6502
Difficult to pick, because in every one you look like just any random Facebook user.

Why don't you just pick any one and draw a moustache and beard on it with MS Paint or such (why don't Macs have a similar basic program like MS Paint?)

I'll admit that I do have a facebook account, albeit with a pseudonym and a doctored picture (for the lulz). I don't have any one on there but my small circle of friends - I don't want to know about old school buddies thanks.

Anyway even with this I get to see inane 'updates' from people mentioning whatever stupid thing they did today or a stupid chain request.

To make a long post short, even my small facebook universe is stuck full of these vacuous jauntily angled self shots that look exactly the same.

Try smiling in one or just 'shop one with something random.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.