Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackid1993

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
I just installed snow leopard build 10A432 and a program I use frequently, tsmuxer is incompatible. i use it to demux x264 mkv's in remux them into m2ts files. does anyone know of a fix for this or even an alternate program. also i tried it under crossover, it works, but not well, the icons and text don't show up.

Tom Sawyer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
This is the only app that I'm really disappointed to not have in SL. Hopefully an update is just around the corner!

VoxMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Belgium
Hi Guys,

I've worked for you ! I Give you a Christmas Present !

I've done a Snow Leopard Hack of the latest version of tsMuxer (1.10.6).
It works properly, but take time to read the SnowLeopardHack.Readme.en where I explain the problem, and the way I've solved it (and the little restriction).
You can download it at : http://rapidshare.com/files/325511189/tsMuxer_1.10.6_SL_Hack_by_VoxMac.dmg

Merry Christmas.

Remark:
it seems that Qt libraries are needed (see message here under from fishmoose).
You may download them from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads using the LGPL (free) license.
As I have used the LGPL version of the SDK to compile the sources, it seems that it's compiled with dynamic libraries and that they aren't bind in the program.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Hi Guys,

I've worked for you ! I Give you a Christmas Present !

I've done a Snow Leopard Hack of the latest version of tsMuxer (1.10.6).
It works properly, but take time to read the SnowLeopardHack.Readme.en where I explain the problem, and the way I've solved it (and the little restriction).
You can download it at : http://rapidshare.com/files/325511189/tsMuxer_1.10.6_SL_Hack_by_VoxMac.dmg

Merry Christmas.

Thanks! I'll try it when I'm on my computer, on my iPhone now. Been waiting forever for a fix!

EDIT: It doesn't work for me :( Maybe you can help me?

Here's the error:

Process: tsMuxerGUI [426]
Path: /Applications/tsMuxerGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/tsMuxerGUI
Identifier: com.yourcompany.tsMuxerGUI
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [133]

Date/Time: 2009-12-25 17:45:13.773 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 1592466 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 29
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 6
Anonymous UUID: E1B2ADAD-065B-4BE8-B214-1577396CBFFF

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
Referenced from: /Applications/tsMuxerGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/tsMuxerGUI
Reason: image not found

VoxMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Belgium
Fishmoose, it seems that Qt libraries are needed.
You may download them from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads using the LGPL (free) license.
As I have used the LGPL version of the SDK to compile the sources, it seems that it's compile with dynamic libraries and that they aren't bind in the program.

VoxMac

VoxMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Belgium
Investigations

Guys,
I've followed my investigations about tsMuxer and Snow Leopard.
Here are the results :
  • GUI is not working due to an incompatibility in the qtlib.
    The GUI crashed and give the message :
    Qt: qcolorFromCGColor: cannot convert from colorspace model: 0
    ASSERT: "false" in file kernel/qt_mac.cpp, line 99
    Abort trap​
    The work-around is to recompile the GUI from source given by SmartLabs. (QT libs and XCode are required for the operation).
    If you don't want to compile the program by yourself, you can take the version down in the post.​
  • tsMuxeR is not working due to fonts interpretations problem.
    We got a 'bus error' when trying to execute the command in command-line mode.
    The problem is due to 2 particulars korean fonts supplied in Snow Leopard.
    To solve the problem, if you don't use those korean fonts, delete
    the two following fonts : AppleMyungjo.ttf and Gungseouche.ttf located in /Library/Fonts
    When done, the tsMuxeR command Line should Work​
Based on that, I've rebuild the GUI and I've added the original tsMuxeR 1.10.6 inside the application.
Feel free to download it at http://rapidshare.com/files/326372784/tsMuxerGUI.1.9.9-with-tsMuxeR-1.10.6.zip.
Be aware that qtlib are requested in order for the GUI to run (http://qt.nokia.com/download)

Edit : Now a Stand Alone version that doesn't required QTLibs (14MB) : http://rapidshare.com/files/327599781/tsMuxeR_1.10.6_VoxMac_Unofficial_Build.dmg

Seems RapidShare has problems, so here is a MegaUpload Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1ZDZHPJU

As MegaUpload is dead, here is a link to FileServe : File name: tsMuxeR_1.10.6_VoxMac_Unofficial_Build.dmg

Last edited:

everindrummer

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
kudos on the standalone, however im having problems, whenever i add a file i always receive a blank error box, followed by "cant detect stream type.

any ideas?

nordesmic

macrumors member
May 2, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for your efforts VoxMac. I've been waiting for a snow leopard fix for a while and you have delivered the goods.

Your version is working for me without any problems.

chic65

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Thanks for this! Now, anyone have any idea what to use to burn the output folder to a DVD (make an AVCHD) on a Mac?

VoxMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Belgium
Thanks for this! Now, anyone have any idea what to use to burn the output folder to a DVD (make an AVCHD) on a Mac?
Of course we have :)
The simplest method, but not free is to use Toast 9 or 10 with the HD Module, but I guess, you're looking for a free solution :D

So if you are not afraid of using the terminal you can do as follow, as Snow leopard gives you all the tools to do it !

Pre-requisite : you have chosen the AVCHD Disk option in TsMuxeRGUI (BluRay Disk option work too on Sony BDP-S300/550 but not PS3).

Now, we will supposes the following things :
  • Your blu-ray structure is located in : /Users/My_user/My_blu_ray
  • You want to give your blu-ray the name : MY_BLURAY_LABEL
  • You want to put it in a single side DVD, so size will be : 4478 (8140 for Double Layer)
So, now, let's play. Open a terminal box (applications --> Utilities --> Terminal)
1. Creation of an empty image :
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=$TMPDIR/bd_image.img bs=1048576 count=4478
2. Formating the image in UDF 2.5 and associating a volume name :
Code:
newfs_udf -r 2.5 $TMPDIR/bd_image.img -v MY_BLURAY_LABEL
3. Now we are mounting the newly created image
Code:
hdiutil mount -nobrowse $TMPDIR/bd_image.img
4. Copy of the blu-ray directories to the image
Code:
cp -Rv /Users/My_user/My_blu_ray/* /Volumes/MY_BLURAY_LABEL
5. Unmounting the image
Code:
hdiutil unmount /Volumes/MY_BLURAY_LABEL
5b. It seems that the volumes is unmounted but not completely detached
Code:
hdiutil detach /dev/$(diskutil list | grep MY_BLURAY_LABEL | awk '{ print $NF}')
6. Time to burn the DVD (the -noverifyburn option, if you don't want to very fy the DVD after burning)
Code:
hdiutil burn -noverifyburn $TMPDIR/bd_image.img
7. It's finish, so just a little cleaning to remove the temporary image
Code:
rm $TMPDIR/bd_image.img
I hope, I was complete enough. Have fun.

This as been test on a Sony BDP-S300 and a BDP-S550 and PS3.

VoxMac

chic65

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
WOW...Thanks a TON. I'll try it this eve hopefully.

I went through a lot last night trying to do this on a Mac...and, got pretty far.
I downloaded Crossover to run imgburn on my Mac, that worked actually.
Got an ISO file from the output folder. Burned it to disc with Toast (but not HD Module...?) Was very excited.

Tried it in my Panasonic BD-35 and no go.

Googled...and, it turned out to play it on my Panny, I need to run the index file through AVCHD Patch, a windows app,. which I couldn't get to work with Crossover. So, I gave up, frustrated.

Ya think this will work on the Panasonic?? Eh, I'll try it. Only thing I have to lose is a bit of sanity and a DVD+R.

VoxMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Belgium
Ya think this will work on the Panasonic?? Eh, I'll try it. Only thing I have to lose is a bit of sanity and a DVD+R.
But you can try on DVR-RW :D, so you can try the different solutions .
  • AVCHD Disk (tsMuxeR option)
  • BluRay Disk (tsMuxeR option)
  • AVCHD with 8.3 Names (tsMuxeR option + rename)
If you need to try with the latest option, and you need to rename the long format names by the 8.3 names, here is a small script that I have written to do so :
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Description : Small program to rename the AVCHD Names to AVCHD 8+3 Names
# Author      : VoxMac
# Date        : 07/12/2009
# Paramètre   : $1 - Directory of the AVCHD Structure
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Fields separator tag change
OFS=$IFS
IFS="
"

# Going through the AVCHD tree and rename the files
for dirList in $( ls -R "$1" | grep ':' ); do
    dir=$( echo $dirList | sed 's/://g' )
    cd "$dir"
    for file in $(ls); do
        NewName=$(echo $file | tr "[:lower:]" "[:upper:]" | 
                  sed 's/BDMV/BDM/;s/CLPI/CPI/;s/MPLS/MPL/;s/M2TS/MTS/;s/MOVIEOBJECT/MOVIEOBJ/')
        if [[ $file != $NewName  && -f $file ]]; then
           echo "Renaming : $dir/$file --> $NewName"
           mv $file $NewName
        fi
    done
done

# Reset Field separator tag
IFS=$OFS
Save this as for exemple makeAVCHD83 and run as follow
Code:
./makeAVCHD83 /Users/My_user/My_blu_ray

chic65

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Wow, I was just going to bed when I saw your post!
I'm going to try it as AVCHD, instead of Blu-ray, and your other suggestion too...I'll do that tomorrow.

Unless you have more suggestions!

Again, much thanks for the help so far.

VoxMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Belgium
Well, sad to say, I successfully burned a disc with your instructions, but, it did not play in my Panasonic BD-35, or, a US brand, Insignia.

I think it has something do to with this:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/140591-avchd-dvd-playable-panasonic-bd35.html

Unfortunately, on a Mac, I can't run that AVCHD-Patch.

:(
OK, I look at the link that you have given, and in my opinion, everything should run fine as long as you choose AVCHD Disk in tsMuxeR.

The first patch (AVCHD-Patch) is not required if using tsMuxeR and the second one, is not necessary as I've checked and tsMuxeR
give the good value, in the index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv.

I can't check because I've only Sony players, but the link are saying that the second patch (hexa edit) is also needed for the BDP-S550
that I have but I never had to apply the patch (nor for the PS3 or BDP-S300).

Anyway, if that patch (hexa edit) is needed, I know how to do it using commands line with MacOSX :D

chic65

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
Can't wait to get home and try this, hope it works.

Also, one other question...I did the 'optional' step, 5B...is it necessary though?
I think I did it right, but, wasn't sure.
I guess if I got a burn (whether or not the burn worked), then it was okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.