Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fozo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Hello,

Does anyone know how to delete/remove the bookmark folder/subfolders that created iPhone for Safari favorite/bookmark?

I accidentally created so many subfoders and now do know how to delete/remove them.

ForeverUnknown

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Hello,

Does anyone know how to delete/remove the bookmark folder/subfolders that created iPhone for Safari favorite/bookmark?

I accidentally created so many subfoders and now do know how to delete/remove them.

Click the edit button then red circles will appear on the right of the bookmarks/folders.

fozo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Here is the thing that I am not able to figure how to delete.

Open up Safari, go to any website, click on "+" to add to your favorite. Click on "Bookmarks" and there I accidentally have so many subfolders beneath that. There is no "Edit" button when you are in that screen.

NinaVickie

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
Hello,

Go to your Bookmarks bar on the top left corner of your computer, and click on it, when it opens click on SHOW ALL BOOKMARKS, go to your POPULAR FOLDER and double click it, it will open up all your saved popular listings select by clicking on the one you want to delete and press the DELETE key on your keyboard and so on, I just figured it out, I also had a lot of stuff saved on my bookmarks That i didn't want there anymore.
I hope that takes care of your problem!!
NinaVickie

karinalastivka

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
eeeeasssyyy!!

Its simple. Go to your hompage hold on the bookmark that you want to delete like for 2 secends then let go.Then theyre all supposed to wiggle click the little x then click delete
and then youre done!!!

MacGnG

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2009
Setup: After syncing bookmarks from the computer to the iPhone
Where: Safari bookmarks folder on the iphone
Problem: Can't delete the "bookmarks bar" and "bookmarks menu" folders

EDIT with solution: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/526262/

1. Close Safari

2. Move ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist to the trash

3. In iTunes, tick the option to sync Safaris books on the Info tab

4. Verify that the folders have disappeared from the iPhone/iPod

5. Clear the checkbox so you never sync Safari bookmarks again (these folder will return if you do)

6. restore bookmarks.plist from the trash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.