Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
When or if you replace the backlight of your PowerBook, be careful as the case for the screen (the titanium) is glued to the actual LCD assembly using Epoxy and you could damage the LCD by opening it.

I found that out a while ago.I did pretty well for the first time barely bending any of the aluminum.:)

applefan1997

macrumors 6502
Wow, some people in here like to hoard! I used to own a whole lot of Apple things at one point, until recently my OCD kicked in and i started selling or throwing away things. Over the years (since I was 11), I've probably owned around 50 Macs and more Apple items. Now, I have:

iMac G4 15" 800
iMac G4 20" 1.25
iPod mini 4gb
iPhone 4GB
Apple Studio Display 15"
Apple QuickTake 200

I want a lime iMac, lime or indigo iBook, and PB G4.
@macdctr, you have a beautiful set of notebooks! The 3400/G3 are my favorite pre-WallStreet designs, along with the Duo. The Pismo is a beautiful laptop too.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
Wow, some people in here like to hoard! I used to own a whole lot of Apple things at one point, until recently my OCD kicked in and i started selling or throwing away things. Over the years (since I was 11), I've probably owned around 50 Macs and more Apple items. Now, I have:

iMac G4 15" 800
iMac G4 20" 1.25
iPod mini 4gb
iPhone 4GB
Apple Studio Display 15"
Apple QuickTake 200

I want a lime iMac, lime or indigo iBook, and PB G4.
@macdctr, you have a beautiful set of notebooks! The 3400/G3 are my favorite pre-WallStreet designs, along with the Duo. The Pismo is a beautiful laptop too.

I can help you out on getting your Indigo iBook if your interested.
;)

Archon Gold

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Canada, Ontario
I plan on selling a ton of my iBooks for a 12in PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz.I really like the 12in screen since my everyday portable is a 466Mhz iBook Clamshell Graphite.I have a PowerBook G4 Ti 1Ghz,now with dead screen.But I like the 12in screen,the 800x600 res is a killer though.I should buy a Powerbook 12 soon because I like them a lot and need a VGA/DVI port for a projector at church.
I would kill for a Cube,:DI would use it as my media center instead of a PowerBook.

Hey, Guess what I am now typing off of? :D

I got it for $380 with the original box and accessories, what an excellent deal.

Archon Gold

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Canada, Ontario
:( Rub it in,I'm a computer tech who can't afford a 6 year old system.:(

;)

I don't even have a job (yet), I'm just too young to be hired anywhere.

If you sell all your iBooks (minus your graphite) you could make around $200, maybe $300.

I sold my iMac G4 for $200, and had $150 saved up so I gathered up $30 and I was good to go.

The price was actually $450 but since I bought a PowerMac G3 from the guy a few months back, he gave me a discount. Very awesome seller, he said he collects them like me and he bought his wife a clamshell (which reminded me of your collection)

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
I don't even have a job (yet), I'm just too young to be hired anywhere.

If you sell all your iBooks (minus your graphite) you could make around $200, maybe $300.

I sold my iMac G4 for $200, and had $150 saved up so I gathered up $30 and I was good to go.

The price was actually $450 but since I bought a PowerMac G3 from the guy a few months back, he gave me a discount. Very awesome seller, he said he collects them like me and he bought his wife a clamshell (which reminded me of your collection)

If you don't mind,how old are you?And I plan on selling all my systems minus what's in my siggy.

Archon Gold

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Canada, Ontario
If you don't mind,how old are you?And I plan on selling all my systems minus what's in my siggy.

Young, that's all you need to know (sorry, I don't mean to so blunt, but I am old enough to qualify for Mac Rumors)

I wish I could have kept the iMac, though the 1Ghz processor was really holding me back and I was able to get a relatively good price when I sold it.

If I ever do get back into collecting I'l probably get into the notebook market. They have much better designs than the desktop market, Maybe I'l pick up an iBook G3 Clamshell, and possibly 12" G4 iBook.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
Young, that's all you need to know (sorry, I don't mean to so blunt, but I am old enough to qualify for Mac Rumors)

I wish I could have kept the iMac, though the 1Ghz processor was really holding me back and I was able to get a relatively good price when I sold it.

If I ever do get back into collecting I'l probably get into the notebook market. They have much better designs than the desktop market, Maybe I'l pick up an iBook G3 Clamshell, and possibly 12" G4 iBook.

Ok,sorry,I was just wondering since you said you were to young to get a job.Cool that you have some cool Macs at your age.I wish I had cooler machines when I was younger.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
dont know , sold the 2 powermac g5 quads, as they are to fast ,and had been simply to new ,
but selling my emac or my imac g3 or even the powermac 5500 tv ...noooooooo way you could give me a brandnew iMac 27 " and i would not part with any of them
my iMac has even a little scratch in the middle of the screen ,one not so careful previous owner did try to upgrade the ram and forgot to protect the screen :( when i first have seen this little iMac i though no i dont buy one with a scratch , but then i kept watching it and startet to feel sorry as nobody did bid for it , so i bid and won it for £ 24.99 and the tiny imperfection ads to the character and makes it even more lovable , i dont even see this scratch any more , i gave him a bit more ram and its flying :)

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
dont know , sold the 2 powermac g5 quads, as they are to fast ,and had been simply to new ,
but selling my emac or my imac g3 or even the powermac 5500 tv ...noooooooo way you could give me a brandnew iMac 27 " and i would not part with any of them
my iMac has even a little scratch in the middle of the screen ,one not so careful previous owner did try to upgrade the ram and forgot to protect the screen :( when i first have seen this little iMac i though no i dont buy one with a scratch , but then i kept watching it and startet to feel sorry as nobody did bid for it , so i bid and won it for £ 24.99 and the tiny imperfection ads to the character and makes it even more lovable , i dont even see this scratch any more , i gave him a bit more ram and its flying :)

I would have so kept the quad G5 over any eMac.:)My friend has duel 1.8 and it flies.

b01189

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2009
South Florida
My collection from newest to oldest

The Macs....
MacBook Pro 2.4 gen 3.1
MacPro Dual 2.66 Dualcore Xeons
iMac G5 2.1Ghz
PowerMac G4 Dual 1ghz PPC
eMac G4 700Mhz
PowerMac Dual 533MHhz PPC

iPhones & iPods
3 iPhone 3G
4 iPod 60 gig 4th gen
2 iPod 30 gig 4th gen
1 iPod 20 gig 3rd gen

I think thats it... at least for now :)

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
I wish some of my friends were Mac users, they all use PCs and could care less what computer they use.

So far, I'm a lone wolf.

I get spoiled with good Macs every week,as my church is a all Mac church and I'm an intern youth leader so I get to use 2 C2D while plastic iMacs every week for a couple of hours.

Archon Gold

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Canada, Ontario
I get spoiled with good Macs every week,as my church is a all Mac church and I'm an intern youth leader so I get to use 2 C2D while plastic iMacs every week for a couple of hours.

Lol, a "Mac" Church, May the Apple be with you.

Anyways, we are heading out later today to get a screen for my Grandmother's new Mac Mini (formerly mine) since her late 2006 iMac has the infamous line problems. (13 and counting)

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California

Anyways, we are heading out later today to get a screen for my Grandmother's new Mac Mini (formerly mine) since her late 2006 iMac has the infamous line problems. (13 and counting)

You mean the church of Apple right?lol I meant my church uses nothing but Mac,which is cool,everyone of my pastors and elders have a MacBook pro.it's awesome.:)

I would like a G4 Mini for a entertainment center in my room.That would be sweet,or a brand new baseline Mini would be awesome.

Archon Gold

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Canada, Ontario
You mean the church of Apple right?lol I meant my church uses nothing but Mac,which is cool,everyone of my pastors and elders have a MacBook pro.it's awesome.:)

I would like a G4 Mini for a entertainment center in my room.That would be sweet,or a brand new baseline Mini would be awesome.

Yeah, the minis are pretty cool, but not enough horsepower for me and not enough expandability.

I got her up and running on it about an hour ago, she gave me her old 1.83Ghz Intel C2D 17" iMac with the infamous line problem (will call Apple support later to get that resolved)

Pretty nice, it only has 512Mbs of RAM so no Snow Leopard for me :( but it will be fine until I get enough to buy my i7 iMac. When I was at Bestbuy looking for a Monitor, I went and demoed the 27" iMac and it is HUGE, I am convinced already =]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.