Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoNadz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis, MO
All the songs that are synced onto my iPhone are check marked in iTunes. When playing songs in iTunes, it only plays the checked songs. Is there a ways to make it also shuffle in uncheck songs when playing through iTunes?? Thanks in advance for the help!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

It's not dumb. It's the way it's designed. If you want to include songs in a shuffle or playlist playing, make sure they're checked. If you want to exclude songs so they won't play, uncheck them. It's really very simple.

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
Is there a "check all" option? Sometimes I'm not sure if I accidentally unchecked a song, but definitely wouldn't want to browse through my 15000+ songs library to look for any unchecked songs...

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Is there a "check all" option? Sometimes I'm not sure if I accidentally unchecked a song, but definitely wouldn't want to browse through my 15000+ songs library to look for any unchecked songs...

Highlight a song in the list you want to check all. Cmd-A to select all the songs. Right/Control-click and select "check selection" or something like that. You may have to uncheck them all first.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is there a "check all" option?
  1. Select "Music" folder in upper left corner of iTunes.
  2. Command + A to select all
  3. Right-click (or Control+click, if using the trackpad)
  4. Select "Check Selection"
  5. No need to uncheck anything first.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Save yourself some grief and make an iPhone playlist. That way you have a list of all the songs on your iPhone in one place, PLUS you have the ability to shuffle all of your songs without having to mess with 'checkmarking'.

This will also make it loads easier to sync new music or remove 'tired' song from your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.