Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojoe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
After jailbreaking and installing some stuff I keep getting blank icons showing up. I'll delete the 100+ of them and then they reappear whenever a new app is added to the springboard. Anyone know a way to fix this?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Did you download any of the blank icon creators like iBlank, etc? If so, I'd say you should uninstall (and reinstall if you want) and go from there. If it continues to be an issue, you may want to just restore and rejailbreak

mojoe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, I was thinking about just restoring. Is there any way to keep the cydia apps?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I've tried the options in Cydia (not sure what they're called anymore) but always ran into issues with them. When I restore, I always take screenshots before, then transfer them over to my computer so I know what I had previously. Then, when I have a few hours to burn, I add everything back. It's time consuming, but it's not like I'm ever all that busy anyways

mojoe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
If I restore it, it won't just reinstall a backup of hte phone with the same problem?

ckong

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
I had a problem that sounds the same. A little while ago, I installed Clockscreen, and it "came with" 12 blank icons. I could delete the icons, but re-springing would bring them all back. I was thinking about taking apart the .deb file to see where it was hiding the buggers, but ended up manually copying the Clockscreen theme to a temp folder, removing Clockscreen, and moving the theme back. Voila! No more extra icons.

mojoe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
I think I fixed it. I just went through and deleted all the themes that I had and didn't use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.