Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Basically you need to reformat and reinstall the os using your system install disk included with your mac

hunterfs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Basically you need to reformat and reinstall the os using your system install disk included with your mac

well I got this from a friend and he didn't have the start up disc and can't log on to any of the accounts since I don't know the passwords. He said he hasn't used it since like 2002 so he lost like everything including the disc. The computer is still in good shape. So is there a way with out the disc? Or can I buy one?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
well I got this from a friend and he didn't have the start up disc and can't log on to any of the accounts since I don't know the passwords. He said he hasn't used it since like 2002 so he lost like everything including the disc. The computer is still in good shape. So is there a way with out the disc? Or can I buy one?

Yes, you can purchase the disc from Apple's web site or from the store. You will need a disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.