Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amols

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
It was terrible compared to last year's WWDC. No iMacs, no iPods, no Powermacs, obviously no Powerbooks, disappointing display lineup (except for 30" and GF 6800 Ultra) and no Tiger till one full year. So much for the 20th anniversary. Although 30" display is awesome, I have to admit that. And thanks Arn and Mudbug for live coverage.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
amols said:
It was terrible compared to last year's WWDC. No iMacs, no iPods, no Powermacs, obviously no Powerbooks, disappointing display lineup (except for 30" and GF 6800 Ultra) and no Tiger till one full year. So much for the 20th anniversary. Although 30" display is awesome, I have to admit that

how ugly are those displays ( in my opinion)

im really disapointed... i thought there would have been more, but hey

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Not the most exciting keynote, but Tiger is going to have some nice new features. I guess Apple hasn't set a price for it yet...we'll probably have to wait on that.

I think the new 30" display is going to look awesome. I really would like to see it in a store.

Thanks to everyone who helped out. The IRC room was packed, but it seems to have gone well.

ts1973

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2002
Belgium
Well, everything as expected.

I'm not really disappointed, as I didn't expect more... but still : a little extra at the end would've been nice...

Acoustica

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2004
Washington, USA
"Borrowing" widgets, Tiger not till 2005, displays without price drop, $600 graphics card just to use a $3400 display (which means no matter which way you look at it, it's a $4000 display) and some codec we won't see for another 8 months...this is the biggest tease I have ever seen come from Apple in a long time. :confused:

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
the displays look awsome. . . anyone want to loan a poor college student some money?!!!?! the 30 inch rocks but is a killer in price!! (especially since it wont fit on my PB. . . id have to get a powermac also!)

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
to all the people who are going to complain about lack of imacs, etc. just reminding you that this was a developers conference. imacs will be later,

and wwdc was still cool, we did after all get the 6800 (wish it was a x800, but beggers can't be chosers)

and tiger has some cool new features

aethier

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
What a letdown

I've been waiting nearly 6 months for something to happen and it thought it was today. I've been waiting to be my first new Mac, which I desperately need, and I wasn't going to bite the bullet till after WWDC. Hell, I could've bought a G5 6 months ago but I didn't because I thought something huge was going to happen (ie 3ghz). I'm waiting to buy all of my apple stuff at once and I though we would've at least seen a new ipod. Tiger looks cool, but I'm just a professional audio guy, not a developer, so I don't understand it all. WWDC is for developers, but throw us non-developers who use high-end Mac for professial apps a freakin' bone here! Garageband changed my life, literally, and just something like that would have made me soil my undergarments. I guess I was expecting the holy grail, but I guess WWDC was truly for developers last year. I'll take a page from Brian and look on the bright side.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
wPod said:
the displays look awsome. . . anyone want to loan a poor college student some money?!!!?! the 30 inch rocks but is a killer in price!! (especially since it wont fit on my PB. . . id have to get a powermac also!)

I think they got the displays mostly right. Ports on the back could be annoying...

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I was just suprised that Tiger wouldn't be available until 2005, at least they could have had it available in November/December like the other updates. This seems quite early for a preview, but I guess being a developer conference it wasn't too early. For me, the consumer, more than six months away! Why even announce it?

iggyb

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2003
Colorado
WOOHOO! New G5 iMacs I'm so excited wait nevermind aw sh!!t.

What a terrible year this has been to "celebrate" the 20th anniversary of the Mac. Apple is sucking thus far in 2004.

The year is half over. Give us some new computers, Apple!!!!!!! PM upgrades weren't all that impressive, especially since the stupid prediction that we would be at 3GHz by now...

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I'm just glad they ditched ADC and went to a standard DVI. And personally I think the new displays look really nice. If I had the cash I would pick one up.

denm316

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2003
Philadelphia
My new G5 iMac is going to look great in my office, oh wait they didnt release that....

Thant was by far the WORST keynote ever, in January didnt Steve say they had some pretty exciting things lined up for this year, I guess the exciting things will wait till christmas, hell...11:59pm on December 31st still counts as this year.

aldo

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2003
England, UK
I think this has been very disapointing indeed.

Tiger doesn't really look all that good, I was expecting a lot more from it. However, it is a good year off so hopefully they'll add a lot more too it.

What is going on at Apple? Tiger isn't a huge leap so it's not OS development. They haven't even got any new standalone apps out apart from Motion so far, which won't be out for another few months. Hardware side is lacking too - new displays, ipod mini and a bumped powermac and laptops is really lacklusture.

I'm hoping of a lot from the iMac G5 but who knows when it will be out.

Oh also, way to go Apple pricing yourself too highly on monitors. 30" is nice but there is not going to be a lot of business for them. 17" has gone which I would of liked. Oh well :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.