Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
This took me A LONG time to get this approved, trust me it did not slip by the reviewers. Its a neat little app very basic for now, it provides unlimited anonymous texting or the option to use your true identity. one fun thing is all the texts are tweeted on our twitter page twitter.com/smsveil or on our site smsveil.com (unless user opts out)

I would like some people on here to check out my app, email me support@smsveil.com and I have some promo codes to give away I just ask for an honest review of the app on the app store and on the forum. thanks.

gdlcjr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2009
First Impression

a) I hope you add option to get the phone number from the iphone phone book.

b) I tried texting a GV number but never got the text.

c) Either add a system setting to uncheck/check to post on the twitter or once we unchecked and reload the program again it should stay unchecked.

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
a) I hope you add option to get the phone number from the iphone phone book.

b) I tried texting a GV number but never got the text.

c) Either add a system setting to uncheck/check to post on the twitter or once we unchecked and load the program again it should stay unchecked.

Thats one thing I screwed up on. we focused so much on it working right and getting it approved we forgot to add the add phone book option (it will come in update soon).

Not sure what a GV number is? The system works best on iPhones but works on any US/CA wireless provider.

This system works great the coding was custom done and no one else has it.

The twitter option is another feature that was overlooked but can be updated.

gdlcjr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2009
Thats one thing I screwed up on. we focused so much on it working right and getting it approved we forgot to add the add phone book option (it will come in update soon).

Not sure what a GV number is? The system works best on iPhones but works on any US/CA wireless provider.

This system works great the coding was custom done and no one else has it.

The twitter option is another feature that was overlooked but can be updated.

Do you support Google Voice #? I tried it twice today but does not work?

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Do you support Google Voice #? I tried it twice today but does not work?

sorry do not support GV, was not aware it was being used often enough to support, will include in future update. thanks for notifying us.

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
I didn't notice it until after submit, but I did not want to resubmit because this took over 4 months to get approved we will fix that bug on update. Since not all users have emoti should not be that big of a deal for now. I love your feed back though!

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
I have 2 more codes if anyone would like to test and review. thanks.

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
This took me A LONG time to get this approved, trust me it did not slip by the reviewers. Its a neat little app very basic for now, it provides unlimited anonymous texting or the option to use your true identity. one fun thing is all the texts are tweeted on our twitter page twitter.com/smsveil or on our site smsveil.com (unless user opts out)

I would like some people on here to check out my app, email me support@smsveil.com and I have some promo codes to give away I just ask for an honest review of the app on the app store and on the forum. thanks.

I've sent you a message using the contact form of your site. If you don't receive it and you're interested in making your app compatible with [app]ABContacts[/app] please contact me at abcontacts at redbits dot com

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Where can I see screenshots of the app UI??? I'm too hesitant to plunk down my two dollars without having any idea what the app actually looks like.

Perhaps you've got one more promo code left?

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Where can I see screenshots of the app UI??? I'm too hesitant to plunk down my two dollars without having any idea what the app actually looks like.

Perhaps you've got one more promo code left?

whats your email?

marc212

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
I have heard that your website was good. But I am a little hesitant to buy the app- its cheap and I also understand you have to make money. No one has reviewed it on Itunes, how is it working? Someone take some screen shots, jeez. He gave you guys promo codes- gave me a code and I would have posted all of that. But seriously this could be a real fun app. Until I hear more though Ill sit tight.

Thanks for all your hard work.

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
I have heard that your website was good. But I am a little hesitant to buy the app- its cheap and I also understand you have to make money. No one has reviewed it on Itunes, how is it working? Someone take some screen shots, jeez. He gave you guys promo codes- gave me a code and I would have posted all of that. But seriously this could be a real fun app. Until I hear more though Ill sit tight.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I may have another code up my sleeve ;), whats your email? BTW - there is some reviews up now.

alldat

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
I received a promo code and put a 5 star review on the app store. This thing is great. The texts are sent almost instantly and they are anonymous. Just add the phone book feature and this thing will be amazing.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Any reason you won't provide screenshots of the interface publicly? Seems a little sketchy to me to be honest.

SMSVeil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Any reason you won't provide screenshots of the interface publicly? Seems a little sketchy to me to be honest.

honestly I had a screenshot up but deleted it. The app is only 1 page so I kinda wanted to add a little bit of mystery without giving up up the whole app. If your feeling "sketchy" read the above reviews and on the app store.

USMC-Corporal-B

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Hey I just saw the last date entry post so I know this is old but I've got the iPhone 4S and I'd love this app but its not in the store, could you email me or just message back with details please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.