Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nph

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I got everything else to work except the trackpad. I installed all drivers and still I can not tap to click, nor scroll with the track pad.

Any suggestions?

reaganjh

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
i have the same problem after installing drivers. it was working... but scrolling with the trackpad was not.

boshuter

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2009
If you have an older Macbook/Pro that does not have the multitouch trackpad then you won't have tap-to-click in Windows. You can scroll, but it is very erratic, you can right click by putting two fingers on the trackpad and clicking on the button with your thumb.

BTW: you will know if you have the older trackpad if you try to upgrade to the new bootcamp 3.0 drivers for the trackpad, they will refuse to install.

I've just given up trying to get a decent working trackpad on my 2006 Macbook, it's just a POS even in OSX.... my solution... bluetooth mouse and just disable the trackpad.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I have trackpad working in Windows 7. In fact, besides the 3-finger and 4-finger gestures, the scrolling is extremely accurate for being sensitive. Of course I disabled tap to click because it would randomly click but thats why I love the button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.