Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Based on your own personal experiences, what is your favorite program for managing your money on an iPhone? Please tell me what you use it for and why you like that program?

There seem to be a ton of programs, but I'm looking for one that has:

-QUICK and easy to enter a new debt card transaction
-Budgets - seeing where my money is going
-Recurring bills/payments
-Reminders

Nice to haves:

-Link to Wells Fargo - reconciling the manual entries with the bank entries
-Receipt management/scanning so I can throw paper receipts away

Let me know what you guys think. ;)

irthy

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2009
It would be nice if Quicken had something like that that could link to your computer app but they don't at the moment. odd

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
The bill management/reminding part is best handled by BillMinder. Yes, I'm biased since I'm one of the developers, but look at the features compared to the "competition" to see for yourself. I'm sure other folks here might chime in to let you know. Also, we're working on a very big new feature. :)

Edit: I should mention that BillMinder doesn't handle budgets, etc. The idea is literally to remind you when your bills are due. It has a lot of features around that, though.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
I've bought and had a look at Billminder, and while I don't have enough bills to make use of it, it really is a great app. I've heard nothing but good from those MacRumor members that make use of it.

My choice for a finance app goes to [app]Active Money Pro[/app]. It's got very fast entry, something I found essential as I was trying to enter transactions while getting to work on time. Other apps have great features, but if they required lots of tapping to enter a transaction, or it required careful tapping, then I found I didn't always enter a new transaction.

It also has great graphs, though I'm hoping they'll add graphs like balance, and budget vs expense vs income.

The budget part of the app is cool as well, although I've never used it beyond just testing it out.

The app does support recurring transactions, but there's no sync to banks or place for pic reciepts.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
How does Billminder remind you of a bill being due? I'm not one to open an app every day to check and see what Bills are due, does it use push notifications? Create calendar reminders?

Sounds like I might need two programs to do what I need to do, but who knows. ;) Any other suggestions from other members?

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
How does Billminder remind you of a bill being due? I'm not one to open an app every day to check and see what Bills are due, does it use push notifications? Create calendar reminders?

Sounds like I might need two programs to do what I need to do, but who knows. ;) Any other suggestions from other members?

Yes Billminder has push notifications to alert you of upcoming bills. It costs $0.99 but its a one time fee and its worth it.

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Yes Billminder has push notifications to alert you of upcoming bills. It costs $0.99 but its a one time fee and its worth it.

Thanks LSUTigers. Slight correction though -- push is $0.99 per year. We have a (very high end) dedicated server and this helps offset the cost. We think it's pretty reasonable.

Edit: Also, there is no API to create calendar events, which is part of why push is required in the first place.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I use iBank on iPhone and MacBook. Entries on the iphone sync up to the MB, where the main program resides but the iPhone version gives a good picture of state of play with some good graphs and account details.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Answered my own question by looking at the developers site - no desktop app, but it does have import/export to other programs..

Tempted to pull the trigger, I guess I'll try the light one first and see if i like it.

MoneyManagement

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
New Money Management App for iPhone and iPad

We just released a money management app called “Project Budget”. It’s an accounting software that helps you manage multiple expenses with just one account. It's designed to project money across all of your unavoidable bills, goals and savings items leaving you with available cash for spending. Hope you like it; http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/project-budget/id521035765?mt=8&ls=1
More info can be found on our website http://projectapp.co

fuzzyfoot1

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Multiple users

do any of these apps allow for more than 1 user? I would like to be able to have my husband enter in transactions when he does them and have it update on my phone. Does anyone know an app that can do that?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.