Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve-q54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Website not showing...All I see is gray. If I tilt the iPod, sometimes the bottom toolbar will show up, then it will disappear.

Anyone have a similar problem? If so, what did you do to get Safari back up and running?

using touch 3rd gen.

Thank you greatly

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Have you tried restoring?

Typically, a restore fixes most software problems.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Does it show the gear and the word "Connecting..."?

Before taking the drastic step of a restore, I would actually suggest clearing the Safari cache/history/cookies, or restarting the iPod itself. To clear the Safari items, go to Settings->Safari, scroll to the bottom and tap each button individually. Then try opening Safari again. To restart the iPod, hold the sleep/wake button for 4-5 seconds until the "slide to power off" bar appears at the top, slide, wait about 15-30 seconds, and then hold the sleep/wake button to power it back on. Then try again.

Took a screenshot of when I saw this issue after upgrading to 3.0:

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 193

nocomment1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
I am also having that problem right now with my 3rd gen itouch.

I tried to delete all the items on safari and when i went back to it, it still showed up as a gray screen. However, after restarting my itouch I found that the safari was working again. Hopefully it has worked out for you as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.