Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneijose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Hey sorry for the noob question but I DL'ed Little snitch on my wife's mac and now it turns out that she doesnt want it. So I thought I deleted the whole app but its still on my menu. Here is a pic

Screenshot2010-01-24at103012AM.png

How do i get it out of my menu bar and i how do i get it off my mac? Thanks for any input...

Cheers!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
You can't delete Little Snitch in the same way as other OSX apps as it has little kernel extensions to filter traffic that must also be removed. Download the Installer program off their website and run it, then select Uninstall when the option is presented.

Link

oneijose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Brooklyn NY

pozzydrive

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
Little Snitch and menu bar

Hi all, I'm having the very same problem, but I've done everything the correct way, as discussed in this forum. I installed Little Snitch on my computer, I then decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I then noticed a hand sign (icon) in the menu bar with a prohibited sign (red circle with a bar across) over the hand. I went into the Library having read a number of these posts on other sites as well as this one and deleted anything to do with Little Snitch, many of which were in the preference files, still could not remove the hand icon. I then reinstalled and again uninstalled the software, again removed the files from the Library and also went into system preferences, user groups and looked for anything to do with Little Snitch in there to no avail, now I'm stuck with this hand icon on the menu bar with no way to remove it. Anyone have any other ideas.

Regards

Pozzy

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
Hi all, I'm having the very same problem, but I've done everything the correct way, as discussed in this forum. I installed Little Snitch on my computer, I then decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I then noticed a hand sign (icon) in the menu bar with a prohibited sign (red circle with a bar across) over the hand. I went into the Library having read a number of these posts on other sites as well as this one and deleted anything to do with Little Snitch, many of which were in the preference files, still could not remove the hand icon. I then reinstalled and again uninstalled the software, again removed the files from the Library and also went into system preferences, user groups and looked for anything to do with Little Snitch in there to no avail, now I'm stuck with this hand icon on the menu bar with no way to remove it. Anyone have any other ideas.

Regards

Pozzy

Me too!!!!!!

I've download the uninstaller, ran it, and it said it had deleted it and all I needed to do was to re-start my computer but guess what, it's still there, up and running!!!! Thanks a lot Little Snitch makers

Jeffs58

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2017
I went to this site and downloaded the installer for Little Snitch 2.4 from [MOD NOTE: URL REMOVED] When I ran that it would not allow me to re-install, but it did have an un-install that it did let me run. After I ran that it had me reboot. It has been two hours and two other reboots and the pest still has not returned to the Menu Bar or application Monitor. After the first reboot I moved to Trash Little Snitch Agent.log and Little Snitch Installer.log from /Library/Logs and also did a complete manual search in /System/Library with no traces of the pest there either. To put total closure to the pest I deleted the downloaded 2.4 version and emptied the trash again. For me this chapter is closed with Lesson Learned, "Look for the third party app (un-installer) before just trying to delete it from the Applications".

Me too!!!!!!

I've download the uninstaller, ran it, and it said it had deleted it and all I needed to do was to re-start my computer but guess what, it's still there, up and running!!!! Thanks a lot Little Snitch makers

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.