Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aceofspadesx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
I can't get my file to convert from IWork to Word, can anyone do it or tell me how?

Attachments

• College Essay.zip
    116.3 KB · Views: 2,928

anneloes126

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2010
Could I count on some conversion as well?

Hey lads,
I've just gotten this Eee pc with Linux and now can't open the .pages files on my USB harddrive. Could you please help and convert these to word?
Or copy the text and paste as plain text in Word...

Thanks in advance!
Cheerio and Kia Ora,
Anneloes

Attachments

• HP126x80.zip
    612.4 KB · Views: 687

tdkriley

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2009
Convert?

Can someone please convert this to .doc for me? If anyone can could you please send it back to me at tdkriley@gmail.com, thankyou!

Attachments

• english.zip
    124.2 KB · Views: 443

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
please send it back to me at tdkriley AT gmail dot com, thankyou!

Not a good idea to have your real e-mail address posted. It can be "harvested" by spammers, or worse. Use the Edit button!

P.S. Doesn't SaveAs give you different file format options in Pages? I'm sure that's how I converted tons of AppleWorks files to Word.

4Thewin

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2012
If you have an Iphone and OneNote on Windows...

I can't get my file to convert from IWork to Word, can anyone do it or tell me how?

You will need an iPhone. This is how I did it. It is a LONG process but it worked.

1.) View file on iphone (you can just email the file to yourself)
2.)Capture screen (hold down menu&power button simultaneously to get a screen shot)
3.)Email the screen shot to myself
4.)Use the picture to print file OR to completely convert it...
5.)Open the file using OneNote, part of Microsoft office. This program can capture the text out of a picture and turn it into actual editable text.
6.) Edit in One Note to your desire, then paste into Word
7.) Save as .doc

Boom. . . It may have been quicker to just totally retype my document, but hey I can say that this works.

John444

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
when saving a document in Pages.app just go to save as, and check the box that says "Save copy as word document".

frank600

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
How To Convert i-pages to text(.txt)document.

simply to go

file-export and select what you want to export as

Thank you for your posting your advice on changing the i-pages to a txt document so that I can send an i-page document as an e-mail attachment. Thank you.

k khan

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2014
Converting .pages to docx

Hi there,

I had the same problem of converting .pages to docx here what I found.

I installed office mobile on my iphone ios 7

I already had installed .pages in it

1. open my email in safari browser and click on the attachment link with .pages extention it shows you the actual document in view on your iphone.

2. tab on the page visible and on top right it shows "Open in pages" then tab on Open in pages.

3. This document will be saved in .pages on your iphone then click on setting and click on share and print

4. in menu you will find open in another app click on it.

5. In 4 options there is pdf if installed on your iphone and other is pages or word so click on word

6. click on choose app and open in mobile office it will show you in word and then click on above file options to save or share on email.

It all takes just 1-2 minutes depending on your file size.

Enjoy .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.