Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
I have no idea how this happened, but for some reason my computer thinks that a random contact in my address book is "ME"... marked by the ME icon in the corner of the picture.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it has other effects, too. For some reason when fields marked 'NAME' auto-populate (such as when installing iWork), it auto-populates with her name.

No, I did not set up or register my computer with her name. I have NO idea how this came about. My username is my name, even my MobileMe account is my name.

Anyone know how to change it or what's going on?

sccrrich

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2007
Quick fix

In Address Book, click your card just once, in the Menu Bar click Card, go down to Make This My Card and you're all set!!

Hope that helps!

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Select your card. Click Card > Make This My Card.

In Address Book, click your card just once, in the Menu Bar click Card, go down to Make This My Card and you're all set!!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help, guys, but I don't have a card for myself in my phone book. :confused: Hehe, I don't get why someone would have themselves in their Address Book? Is making a card for myself the only way to do this?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the help, guys, but I don't have a card for myself in my phone book. :confused: Hehe, I don't get why someone would have themselves in their Address Book? Is making a card for myself the only way to do this?

Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.