Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In an interview with CNBC, McGraw-Hill's CEO confirms that their textbooks will be on the Apple Tablet and it will be an iPhone OS based machine. When asked about their textbooks being on the Apple tablet, Terry MrGraw responds (2m 50s):
"Yeah, Very exciting. Yes, they'll make their announcement tomorrow on this one. We have worked with Apple for quite a while. And the Tablet will be based on the iPhone OS and so it will be transferable. So what you are going to be able to do now is we have a consortium of e-books. We have 95% of our materials in e-book format. So now with the tablet you're going to open up the higher education market, the professional market. The tablet is just going to be terrific."

Article Link: McGraw-Hill CEO Confirms Apple Tablet, iPhone OS Based, Going to Be "Terrific"

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
amazing that he feels he can make an announcement like that. Wouldn't he be on some sort of NDA?
Unless Apple has commissioned him to say it for some reason...

carmenodie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Wow... way to steal Apple's thunder, McGraw-Hill.
This is a controlled leak. After working with Apple some time you think he would have done this by himself? Also, it is a good way to get that stock price up. Which it is as of my writing(1-26-10). This is corporate America baby.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Unless this was a sanctioned leak by Apple, that guy is kind of a dumbass.

I mean, he couldn't wait one more day to talk about it? He couldn't wait one more day to schedule that interview?

Dumbass.

EDIT:
The more I think about it, this was a planned leak by Apple.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Terry, do you see that pack of ninja assassins driving up to your door? Of course you don't. You won't see or hear a thing.

Sweeet

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010
And what about the MacBook Pros? Will they be anounced tomorrow?
(Btw can anybody tell me at what time the conference will be...)
:apple:

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
THING IS...

What we will see over this coming year is a merging of iPhone OS and Mac OS... the lines between them will become more blurred.

hundleton1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
Wales UK
Definitely a controlled leak, any one who got near this thing would have signed there life and company away should they spill early, this is Apple marketing at its best after all has he told us anything new thats not already in the public domain? nope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.