Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heartheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Sadly, my Photo Booth application got deleted from my Mac. I didn't realize that deleting the shortcut for Photo Booth (while trying to clear my desktop) would delete the application. Does anyone know how or if I can get it back?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you didn't empty your Trash, you can restore it from there. Otherwise, you can reinstall it from your Mac OS X install disc.

lokibrehm

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
UK
my photo booth was buggy so I asked a friend to transfer a copy of his photobooth application into an external hardrive and I simply deleted my version of it and uploaded the file from the hd and installed his in my applications folder.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
You also could've inserted your OSX Install Disk and used Pacifist to extract the Photo Booth installer, but your way works as well.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Salmar, I was wondering the same thing tbh, but I'll just go along with what the OP says...

OP have you tried using spotlight to search for "Photo Booth" (space is important) and see what comes up...?

Sigh, dropbox to the rescue, I'll host my Photobooth app (in a zip file) for you for a bit, PM once you have downloaded it, as I will be take it down after a week...

<removed link>

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
they probably did not delete just the icon, but the application from the applications folder.

you can either restore from DVD, restore from time machine backup which is really simple to do, or get a friend with a mac (possibly the computer and certainly OS X leopard) and just copy it in.

kelseyjane

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
I've done the same thing...

Great, well OP I'm deleting the file off my dropbox now, I offered it for quite some time...

I have accidently deleted photo booth off of my computer. Do you mind posting that link again? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I have accidently deleted photo booth off of my computer. Do you mind posting that link again? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Seriously? You're kidding me right? How can people be so clumsy with photobooth.

Aren't I wonderful, this is the last time I put it up, seriously, I'm not a web server...

MJ-MadonnaFan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Photo Booth

I accidentally deleted mine as well. I've tried extracting it from the DVD's that come with my MacBook, Snow Leopard, but there is no Photo Booth App. Is there any way anyone can put up their Photo Booth for me to download? For Snow Leopard? If so, that would be great.

rth231

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I accidentally deleted mine as well. I've tried extracting it from the DVD's that come with my MacBook, Snow Leopard, but there is no Photo Booth App. Is there any way anyone can put up their Photo Booth for me to download? For Snow Leopard? If so, that would be great.
The guy who answered the question posted a download link.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090813182301AA0BmIy

To be clear, this isn't my download link, I take NO responsibility if it's filled with trojans/viruses, naughty pictures, whatever... Just found this with a quick Google search.

MJ-MadonnaFan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Photo Booth

Thanks for your help, but I've already found that link, and apparently that version on Photo Booth did not work. I need the latest one that works on Snow Leopard OS X. I Think It's Version 2.1.1, but I'm not entirely sure. If you could help, please do. Thanks. :apple:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

If you don't have a Time Machine backup that you can restore from, you can download and install Pacifist to extract the app from your install disk. It's there.

MJ-MadonnaFan

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Photo Booth

Sadly, My Trash is Empty. I've already downloaded Pacifist and tried to extract it. Surprisingly, there is no Photo Booth in the Application bundle that's in the Snow Leopard DVD's. Is that normal? Or is it just my DVD's? If anyone can post their copy online for me to download, please let me know. I need the latest version of Photo Booth. I think it's the 3.0.2 version. Thanks. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.