Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaq015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Hi!
Today i moved my motherboard from iPhone from 1 phone to other and now, the screen is blank. I tryed with 2 differenent LCDs but the screen is blank.
iPhone is recognized by iTunes and it does output the sound. But there is no picture. Tryed with HOME+POWER button, but it did not work.
Is the problem in motherboard now?
WHat can i do?

shaq015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Because i had 2 iphones and in my it did not work volume buttons, so i replaced motherboard, so that should work than...
But now the screen does not work :/
Anything you suggest?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Because i had 2 iphones and in my it did not work volume buttons, so i replaced motherboard, so that should work than...
But now the screen does not work :/
Anything you suggest?

Put it back in the iPhone you took it out of to determine that nothing is wrong with the MOBO. If not, then also move the screen to the other iPhone when you move the MOBO.

shaq015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
hmmm, i dont get this one.
I did this and now it works, but why?
I changed moterboards a few times till now, but this was never a problem.

Back to the problem... IT IS SOLVED!! Thank you -aggie- !

atrozi

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Apologies for reviving an old post. I'm experiencing the same issue and was wondering how this problem was resolved. My screen is blank/black, but the iphone's recognized by iTunes, i'm able to activate voice control via home button, I can call my phone, but can't answer the call. Lastly, I've tried holding the home + sleep button for at most 2 minutes, but no apple logo appears.

shaq015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Hi.
I switched motherboards back and it worked, but i still don't get it why.
Have you tryed answering phone with touchsreen? (doing same motion as you would if screen worked? because maybe there is faulty LCD or connector for LCD.
Best Regards

steveatnsu

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2010
LCD cable connector

I just replaced my broken screen and now it wont display but shows up in itunes. I am looking to see what cable is responsible for the screen. I will let everyone know what i find. And i hope you take the time to do the same! -Steven

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.