Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

124c41

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
i cannot get the @#$%^&*( program to uninstall , it seems there is no such function ...
i deleted some of it thru the library , but its still on sys pref and other locations i'm sure...
and no 2nd 3rd party apps please , i won't spend as much as divx would have cost me to remove it...
the bas****s just made a permanent enemy out of me with their cutesy not uninstallable nonsense...

124c41

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
when i tried google it gave exactly one return to this forum which is why i decided to ask ...
when i did the forum search it gave back a lot of misc items , but nothing useful...

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Why do you wanna get rid of Divx and how does it interfere with your system?

There is AppCleaner and AppZapper, one of them is free, you can try them at least.

124c41

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
the free trial version is up and i don't think it works any better than vlc does on mac...
also , i'm not predisposed to trust any app that doesn't have an uninstall choice ...
i have enough troubles with mac without 2nd party apps that act twonky or lack a simple removal command...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.