Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Hey Guys,

I was trashing a few freeware apps today and I think I must have thrown preview.app in the trash too by accident.

if possible, can anyone send it to me (by email; i think it's too big to post here, and I cant seem to find it available to download online..)

my emai addy is: asif786 [at] gmail.com

/asif

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
asif786 said:
Hey Guys,

I was trashing a few freeware apps today and I think I must have thrown preview.app in the trash too by accident.

if possible, can anyone send it to me (by email; i think it's too big to post here, and I cant seem to find it available to download online..)

my emai addy is: asif786 [at] gmail.com

/asif
All you need to do is to insert of MacOS X distribution disk and reinstall the OS. Nothing will be lost, but your deleted apps will be restored.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
MisterMe said:
All you need to do is to insert of MacOS X distribution disk and reinstall the OS. Nothing will be lost, but your deleted apps will be restored.

Yeah, but Preview.app is the only one I wanted. The others were things like Stattoo, Konfabulator etc which I didnt want.

Besides, I have no idea where my disks are ;) :)

/asif

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
What you needed was Pacifist.

No one should be forced to re-install all of Mac OS X because of problems with a small app like Preview. ;)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
yeah, pacifist is pretty neat. I got it to reinstall a few applications that i deleted as well.

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wow, funny this should happen to someone else just as it was happening to me.

My Internet Connection application has become corrupted. It just has the simple application logo and wont run. This is preventing me from setting up somethings I need to configure. Any way that someone could send it to me (10.3.6). My address is sgarringer [at] gmail.com

I appreciate it very much.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
sgarringer said:
Wow, funny this should happen to someone else just as it was happening to me.

My Internet Connection application has become corrupted. It just has the simple application logo and wont run. This is preventing me from setting up somethings I need to configure. Any way that someone could send it to me (10.3.6). My address is sgarringer [at] gmail.com

I appreciate it very much.

email sent

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
RacerX said:
What you needed was Pacifist.

No one should be forced to re-install all of Mac OS X because of problems with a small app like Preview. ;)
You are not actually reinstalling the OS. You are reinstalling a few missing files. To me it makes a lot more sense just to stick the CD in and let things go than to download a utility, stick the CD in and search file by file for what you want, and then extract it.

phycodan

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2008
preview.app

hey people
i have the same problem, i lost preview.app and i cant find it available to download online. my email is dani_portugal (at) hotmail.com. thanks!!!

Alexandre 24

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2008
Me to!!

Please, can someone send me Preview.app, my email is alexandre.cassagne (at) googlemail.com
I need 10.3 version if possible!
I Realy need it!! Quick!!

Thank you Very much!!!:(

pcat

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2009
Please help lost somw apps.

Hi there,
My kids somehow put our DVD Player and Dictionary apps into the trash and then emptied it. How do I get them back. Not that savvy as you can probably tell. Thanks.:eek:

dreamhousemg

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2009
oops i deleated & lost My preview.app Help!!

Help!!!!
I deleated my preview.app and empty my trash, and just had my harddrive restore & update, so i do not have start up disc, and can't find online.
been trying for the last 2 days and download simarlar files but not a very technical person as u see.:eek::eek:
am operating on 10.5.6 system.
Can someone please email me as i need asap.
My email is becaribe@aol.com
Appreciate
Thx

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Help!!!!
I deleated my preview.app and empty my trash, and just had my harddrive restore & update, so i do not have start up disc, and can't find online.
been trying for the last 2 days and download simarlar files but not a very technical person as u see.:eek::eek:
am operating on 10.5.6 system.
Can someone please email me as i need asap.
My email is becaribe@aol.com
Appreciate
Thx

email sent.

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
For everyone who needs Preview, here it is in a zip file. Much easier than sending e-mails everywhere... (if you can't see the file, it's still uploading so wait a bit)

If you need any other apps I'll upload them. I only have Leopard versions though.

unkonventional

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2009
For everyone who needs Preview, here it is in a zip file. Much easier than sending e-mails everywhere... (if you can't see the file, it's still uploading so wait a bit)

If you need any other apps I'll upload them. I only have Leopard versions though.

Hey, installing a new app caused complete erasure off all my apps! now i'm spending my days reinstalling what i can find, but i can't find preview and installer.app, ouuuuuuhh, and I need it for tiger. please, can someone email these to me?
anne /ääät/ raumerweiterungshalle.net
thank you!!

morrisseydylan

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010
please help!

i've lost my preview app as well, i tried using the one link below here but it doesnt work because its a leopard version. someone please email me the Preview app or send me a link to where i can get it? please note i'm using Mac Os X Version 10.5.8 on my new MacBook. thank you so much i really appreciate it :apple: my email address is morrissey.dylan@gmail.com

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
people who have lost Preview are you sure it wasnt just dragged off your Dock? check the Applications stack on the right of the Dock, open Finder and click on Applications or search for in Spotlight.

morrisseydylan

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010
richthomas people who have lost Preview are you sure it wasnt just dragged off your Dock? check the Applications stack on the right of the Dock, open Finder and click on Applications or search for in Spotlight.

- trust me i know its deleted off the hard drive, im not a moron lol

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
ok mate just checking, could be useful for future members searching this thread which has been done.

i have Snow Leopard so i cant give you mine. but you said you have 10.5.8? that is Leopard so the Preview linked from Leopard should work, unless you have a previous version and Preview was updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.