Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blue2noise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I was just thinking about what apps could become 10x better with the iPad resolution. What are yours? For me it would have to be:

Jaadu VNC
Four track (maybe 8 track now?)
ReelDirector
Screenplay

and of course, the games!

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
watching movie and surfing the web.....probably not going to record music on it.....

maybe play with the painting program

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
WritePad - will be killer - finally with a stylus a Newton replacement for me - text recognition is awesome for the iPhone and can't wait to have a larger screen to utilize!!

Evernote - they are making a custom version and will love documents at life size and using Evernote as my eReader device :)

Sketches!!!

Games - all of the great graphic intensive games I've boughten already like Doom Resurrection - finally I will start playing these games that I quickly put down do to screen size

Logos Bible Study Software

TomTom - will be fun to see it in full screen mode :)

dougbrowne

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
photoshop
GIMP.:D
+10000! Seriously. That would be absolutely awesome to have nice versions of PS and/or GIMP on it

Other than that..
-Facebook.. lol
-LogMeIn Ignition

I really hope that developers rethink their apps for the iPad as apple did for Mail, Calendar, etc. Instead of just porting over a "bigger" version.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Flat on a coffee table digital versions of board games to share would be great. I can invision versions upgraded to add animations and web references to take advantage of the iPad's capabilities.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Flat on a coffee table digital versions of board games to share would be great. I can invision versions upgraded to add animations and web references to take advantage of the iPad's capabilities.

Checkers and chess games you could just lay down and slide the pieces across would be very cool.

I am really looking forward to the MLB app because it was so amazing on the iPhone. I haven't given it a lot of thought yet, but I think the bigger screen is going to make a massive difference with what we can see done. Including a much improved interface allowed because of the bigger screen size.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama

Monopoly, risk, Axis and Allies, Chess, Checkers. They would make great games.

MyJelleo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2007
I'm definitely looking forward to an iPad version of Beejive and LogMeIn. My mobile experience will be complete then.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
I'm looking forward to a drum pad application that is compatible with GarageBand and Logic. Musicians would not have to buy a separate MIDI controller to program drum beats. If an application came like that came out (maybe even Apple could create a GarageBand app for iPad), I would certainly buy an iPad this summer.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
MLB app. <-----------------------Will buy iPad just for 12 HD games every night at my fingertips on a gorgeous screen. :eek:

If the SEC or NCAA made a football version of the MLB.com app, that alone would convince me to buy it.

YOU HEAR THAT APPLE? I AM AN AVID PC USER WHO WOULD BUY YOUR iPAD IF THE NCAA OR SEC HAD AN APP SIMILAR TO THE MLB.com APP!

Apple could own the Southeast if that happened.

ScaryRobot

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2010
Multitouch professional video editing would be a dream come true. We'll probably have to wait for the fourth generation iPad or something before the hardware is up to it, but really, imagine having the tablet on your lap with a touch-based editing interface, monitoring your video on an HDTV via Mini DisplayPort, hooked up to fast external storage via Light Peak. (Too much of the criticism of the iPad IMO is focused on what it is at this instant, with no understanding of the amazing long-term potential this platform has.)

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Realtime Sheet Music Scrolling

The iPad could easily replace sheet music for performing musicians. I see myself with the iPad on a music stand scrolling big lyrics/chords as I play to MP3 backing tracks.

Also, when practicing with the band I see the "Scroller App" projected onto the wall so all the guys can see the lyrics/chords when we are learning new stuff.

THAT would REALLY be great!!!!!:D

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet but I think Pianist (or any other instrument app for that matter) would be great on the iPad. It's great on the iPod touch/iPhone when you're playing one note at a time but when you need to play more than one note at a time, which is most of the time, the screen is just too small. I also think Sims 3 would be pretty cool on the iPad.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Tweetie, Jaadu, Beejive, Facebook and games in general, to start.

Imagine playing monopoly as a family on the iPad, just like it was the board game but more interactive.

Chaos123x

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Could imagine a virtual control surface for programs running on Mac Pro. (pro-tools, logic, Final Cut). Think about all audio fader and such.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Could imagine a virtual control surface for programs running on Mac Pro. (pro-tools, logic, Final Cut). Think about all audio fader and such.

And synth pads, drum pads, guitar effects processors...the list goes on and on. I'm looking forward to all this.

ScaryRobot

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2010

A lot of people are thinking along similar lines.

I'm actually in pro video, and I'm pretty excited about the impact more fluid interface could have on the creative process.

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
Apps like BeatMaker, Nois.io Pro, miniSynth. I'm really looking forward to see what can be done with synthesizer apps running on the iPad.

(Edit: I just realized that a few people posted similar ideas while I was composing this post).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.