Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fscarpa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
I can't access my homebanking web site (it uses Safari). When I try to, the web site says I don't have Java Installed (it was working till last week). If I access Java test page, it says Java is working good. If I access my homebanking with Firefox, it runs OK.
What could be wrong? What shall I do?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
For clarity, do you mean, Java or JavaScript? There's a big distinction. I have a hard time believing a banking web site would use Java.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Hm... Good question... How can I know that?

Hopefully their message uses the correct terminology, so make sure they actually say Java, rather than JavaScript. Also, you can look at the source code of the page and see if they use any Java Applets. You can also post the site of the bank and I can take a quick look see. It's weird that only Safari has the issue. It could be a bad check on the side of the web site, or maybe you have a plugin installed that has blocked Java, or maybe changed a Preference for Java. The setting is under the Security tab of Safari Preferences.

vkbc

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010
Java error too

Only ever had one similar type site with same issue and its cuz safari is too new??
I have 4.0.4 and here's what is says u need:

Mac OS X version 10.4.
Browsers Supported:

Safari 2.0.4 (Webkit 419.3 or higher).
Apple JVM 1.4.2_07 to 1.4.2_16;
Apple JVM 1.5.0_05 or higher.

Safari 3.0.4 (Webkit 523.12 or higher).
Apple JVM 1.4.2_07 to 1.4.2_16;
Apple JVM 1.5.0_05 or higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.