Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChrisG

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Sunny California
I bought an app for my iTouch yesterday and it is on my screen, but it only shows up as Waiting... and will not download. I don't know how I can get rid of it! Help!

Thanks!

slomifier

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
This has happened to me before.
Click the Waiting app so it pauses it, and shut off your ipod using the home+power button method. Wait the minute for it to start back up, and when it connects, it should ask you for your itunes password. Enter it, and put your iPod down and wait.

One time I had this problem which lasted for a week. Turns out it was a glitch in the program, and was fixed after an update of the waiting app.

Good Luck

LeighAnna Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
This is happening to me right now.

Your download was glitchy and/or your WiFi was disconnected in the middle of a download.

You pretty much just have to re-boot and if you have home wifi then let it sit for about an hour or something. Maybe not that long, but usually that amount if you have more apps doing it.

I was at a wifi place and my download got cut off when I left. Unfortunatley for me, my home wifi is broken so I have to go to McDonalds or something and just sit there.

Jonibb

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
How to remove stuck app

I downloaded an app and the only thing I did was log out and back into my account and I worked perfectly!!

Try it it could work for you. A reboot is not always necessary in times like these!

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I downloaded an app and the only thing I did was log out and back into my account and I worked perfectly!!

Try it it could work for you. A reboot is not always necessary in times like these!

You do know that this thread is months old lol :)

Welcome to MacRumors by the way.

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
Most of time, I will connect with iTunes, and then use iTunes download this app, and sync into iPod to replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.