Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Well, I noticed that on the Tech Specs site on apple.com/ipad, there is no dock in the box.

I think I may get one of these, but not sure how useful it will be.

I am definitely getting the Apple case. Thinking about getting the iPad camera connection kit, just cause people might be able to use that USB port for other stuff. Still indecisive about that.

How about you?

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
If I don't change my mind on this thing and sell my 15" mbp for a 13".

I will get the apple case, camera and sd connection kit. Thats it.

Any more accessories than that is just too much crap to tote and defeats the purpose.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
As of now I'll pick up an inexpensive netbook sleeve. I want to test out the virtual keyboard before I even think about buying a b/t keyboard. I doubt I'll be buying any specific iPad accessories though. They are overpriced and single purpose. No thanks. That kinda "kills the deal," if you know what I'm saying. I also don't expect to be doing copious amounts of typing on the iPad. Maybe some quick emails or a short memo.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Dock and camera/usb connector. I already have a Apple BT keyboard and a case that will fit it. If I find a thinner slipcase, I may get it. The one I have was for a 10" Asus netbook. But it's mighty thick. I want one that does not have a zipper.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I'm hoping for a really sweet Vaja case to come out soon. I'm hoping to keep the tote bag very slim for the iPad so as to not defeat the purpose of going thin and light for my daily needs as a field sales rep.

Astro8973

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Just the case and the dock for me. The case will depend on if a better one from a 3rd party comes out by then.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Camera kit so I can download photos from my SLR when on a trip. Other than that nothing.

Perhaps a Proclip.com mount for my car once they come out with one.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Camera kit so I can download photos from my SLR when on a trip. Other than that nothing.

Perhaps a Proclip.com mount for my car once they come out with one.

You might need the case. Have you seen the reports about iPad back being not flat which makes for very "unusual" experience when you try to type on this thing when it lies on a table?

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I'm getting:

1) the keyboard dock (or regular dock + separate BT keyboard: want to examine each and feel them out for portability)

2) the Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad bag

3) a stick-on scratch protector for the back (not for the screen - I'm a naked screen guy)

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
You might need the case. Have you seen the reports about iPad back being not flat which makes for very "unusual" experience when you try to type on this thing when it lies on a table?

I don't forsee writing 15 page proposals to customers on this thing, but rather answering the occasional email, running the occasional commend via a SSH terminal app or VNC, and reading websites. But thats just me. For those who need to write more, I'm sure some innovative case/keyboard combos will be offered by 3rd parties.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Already have a bluetooth keyboard, getting the case and screen protector. I'll first try to see if any of the bags I already own is a good fit for carrying the iPad, if none of them works out, I'll get a bag.

Legolover64

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
I will be very interested in purchasing:

- Apple iPad Case
- iPad Dock
- Spare iPad power cable
- iPad Keybaord Dock
- iPad VGA Connection kit

if they all seem to be good. Day one? Probably nix the spare cable and VGA kit, just to see how I like it. I know I'll be trying to switch to it for a lot of things.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I plan to get:

• iPad Camera Connection Kit
  • iPad Case
  • iPad Keyboard Dock
  • A nice bag (I like the Tom Bihn Ristretto)

cjthebest

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Already have a bluetooth keyboard, getting the case and screen protector. I'll first try to see if any of the bags I already own is a good fit for carrying the iPad, if none of them works out, I'll get a bag.

Hmmmm.... I have the new iMac Bluetooth keyboard. So does it work perfectly with the iPad? Because if you watch this video they say that there are new buttons on the top of the keyboard that have a screen lock button, home button, etc.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Plain manila envelope (like the one that comes with the Air):

macbookair-envelope.jpg

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Hmmmm.... I have the new iMac Bluetooth keyboard. So does it work perfectly with the iPad? Because if you watch this video they say that there are new buttons on the top of the keyboard that have a screen lock button, home button, etc.

While those extra buttons would certainly be useful, the bluetooth keyboard is much more portable, seeing how it has no dock to give it extra (and awkwardly shaped) height and width. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how frequently I'd use the bluetooth keyboard; if I'm writing War and Peace, I'd do it on my iMac! I might end up leaving the bluetooth keyboard at home and just using the onscreen one. However, the option to use it is there since the keyboard came with my iMac, so I'll try both bluetooth and onscreen and see how it goes.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
Just an OtterBox so the whole family can uninhibitedly pass it around the house.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
(1) Case definitely
(2) Dock - hopefully it can also fit the iPhone or the iPad+Case. I would hate to have to keep taking it in and out of the case, so then I would just use a cable.

I have no real need for the keyboard dock. I am not going to carry it around, and I am at home I can use my computers at that point should I need to type that much.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Official Apple Case.
Dock, if I can put the iPad in it with the case on.

That's it for me, I already have the wireless bluetooth keyboard, which I don't see I'd be using that much anyway.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
sync cord extension

The iPad won't fit in any existing iPod dock (i.e. speakers, stereos, cars, etc), so I think a sync cord extension will be a popular accessory.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I'll get the case, maybe a keyboard after I've tried the virtual keyboard. Haven't decided if I want a BT keyboard or the keyboard dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.