Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tocyk

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
So I've been using a hand-me-down 1st gen iPod Mini because I am a broke college student, but unfortunately, the other day I dropped it, and it seems to have broken. As of now, I plug it into my computer, and the iPod goes to a screen with a lightning bolt over the charging sign, and just stays there no matter how long I charge it. I tried researching this online, but couldn't really find any answers. Am I SOL?

Davy.Shalom

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2008
So I've been using a hand-me-down 1st gen iPod Mini because I am a broke college student, but unfortunately, the other day I dropped it, and it seems to have broken. As of now, I plug it into my computer, and the iPod goes to a screen with a lightning bolt over the charging sign, and just stays there no matter how long I charge it. I tried researching this online, but couldn't really find any answers. Am I SOL?

I think you killed the microdrive. You're going to have to pop it open and replace the microdrive with a solid state CF card. 4GB ones can be found for cheap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.