Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toneroll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Hello forum!!

Well I am now the proud owner of an iPhone! Just got it last week and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put down.

I don't for the life of. Me know how I ever survived B.IP. (before iPhone for anyone scratching their head at the screen)

Everyday I get more and more impressed... Yesterday was the day I discovered shazam.....:eek:

What I have been looking for today, if there even is an app that exists, is a way to use the iphone keyboard to write messages on the playstion network on the iPhone keyboard via Bluetooth. Is there anything that comes close to providing this functionality?? If not, is there a developer anyone is aware of that would Welcome this suggestion?

It would be pretty amazing to sit back in my chair and tap out messages the way I am doing this now. If anyone has used the onscreen keyboard within the ps3 system, and labouriously typed out 2 sentences with a dualshock 3, they'll totally feel me on this. Any input at all would much apreciated.

Regards to all, and nice to join the community!

toneroll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
well, I have found one app that I THINK could do it ... But probably not: air mouse...... This app works over wifi so i'm not too sure how this would be feasable on the ps3.... I don't know. Looks like no one here has any idea either.

Anyone got any advice on learning how to use the iPhone sdk, like good place to start?????

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
First of all, the "Air Mouse" program won't work with a PS3, only Windows or Mac computers. And I don't think a PS3 controller like you want would be possible with the iPhone. Don't PS3 controllers use bluetooth? I don't think there's a way to use the iPhone's bluetooth in that way with the SDK. Air Mouse and other iPhone apps that interact with computers use wifi and require a program to be installed on the computer.

Lamplighter77

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2008
Richmond, VA
Would make an awesome app

I have no idea how possible it is but it would be a very cool app if you were able to also control the ps3 dashboard and movie controls in addition to the keyboard.

dayneoram

macrumors member
May 30, 2008
Hello forum!!

Well I am now the proud owner of an iPhone! Just got it last week and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put down.

I don't for the life of. Me know how I ever survived B.IP. (before iPhone for anyone scratching their head at the screen)

Everyday I get more and more impressed... Yesterday was the day I discovered shazam.....:eek:

What I have been looking for today, if there even is an app that exists, is a way to use the iphone keyboard to write messages on the playstion network on the iPhone keyboard via Bluetooth. Is there anything that comes close to providing this functionality?? If not, is there a developer anyone is aware of that would Welcome this suggestion?

It would be pretty amazing to sit back in my chair and tap out messages the way I am doing this now. If anyone has used the onscreen keyboard within the ps3 system, and labouriously typed out 2 sentences with a dualshock 3, they'll totally feel me on this. Any input at all would much apreciated.

Regards to all, and nice to join the community!

Well, i have a PS3 and both me and my dad own macs and iphones, so we're going to try and learn the art of app making and try to make this app. I'll let you know if we ever get close ;)

All tips and help are welcome!!

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
idk man it might be possible I have an app called Pocket BLU that connects my iPhone to my PS3 to control my blurays...

That also needs a special format of disc, and a WiFi Blu-Ray player. So it's not exactly bluetooth to bluetooth communication. You also need their application installed on the device.

superlav

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2010
Have just seen a new app on Cydia called WeBe++ that would appear to offer this functionality.

It cost $5, from BigBoss.

Haven't tried it yet, but it says in the features that it works with PS3.

More Here

sophiatristin

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
It is very best application for keyboard controlling in PS3. It is able to control PS3 dash board and movie controls. From setting option you can get additional features very easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.