Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakeopolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
been using one for over 6 months.. no problems so far

ok, good to know. anyone else have experience with this? i'm happy with generic products, i just don't wanna mess up my iphone battery with poor charging or something.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
cons: very light weight.. also if your phone is docked NO sound will come out of it like it does w/ the REAL apple dock.

i own both.. a real and this knockoff in white.

the differences are noted above. other then that it works. when i say its light weight i mean its really light.

jakeopolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
cons: very light weight.. also if your phone is docked NO sound will come out of it like it does w/ the REAL apple dock.

i own both.. a real and this knockoff in white.

the differences are noted above. other then that it works. when i say its light weight i mean its really light.

cool, thanks for the feedback. this does have an audio out though, couldn't i theoretically plug headphones into that? i'd ideally have 2 of these - one on my desk at home to be used ONLY for charging, one on my desk at work to be used as a charging dock while i listen to music over headphones. what do you think?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
yes it has a head phone jack on the back thats the only way ur gonna get audio out of the dock.

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
I would go with the OEM one, I bought the ebay one and you could wiggle the iphone from left to right when it was docked. I imagine after a few hundred dockings it might mess up the 30 pin connector.

The apple dock is $30.. way to expensive, but currently the only solution that fits the iphone 3g/3gs perfectly

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
i'm using two universal docks from ebay for six months (i think).
no problems at all, although it's not compatible with switcheasy's inserts but i glue it :rolleyes: and it's fine.
(it's coming with inserts for iphone 3g\s and you can use it with no inserts at all to fit covers and cases...).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.