Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stupendusboi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Hey, so I just recently got a virus and it erased everything from my computer, including my itunes/music :(. Now, i havent synced my iphone to my new computer yet, and i was wondering how to copy the songs on there(which i didnt buy on itunes) to the computer. ANybody have any good (and free) programs that will take them off and organize the songs on my computer? BTW i have windows xp :) Thanks a million

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
open itunes and on the sidebar where it says "so and so's iphone" right click that, and click transfer purchases. authorize the computer, and ur good to go.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
open itunes and on the sidebar where it says "so and so's iphone" right click that, and click transfer purchases. authorize the computer, and ur good to go.

The OP is asking for a way to copy songs "which i didnt buy on itunes", so transferring purchases does him no good.

On a mac I use PodWorks, so i'm sure you can find a windows based program to do the same. I would seriously Google it, or if someone here knows of a PC version, maybe they have a suggestion.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I found a free program for Windows called SharePod that works great. I've only used it a few times but worked like a champ for me.

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

You really need to start reading the posts, instead of shooting out quick answers that are wrong. I've seen you do this way to many times, and one day you're going to screw someone over, if others don't come to the rescue.

I found a free program for Windows called SharePod that works great. I've only used it a few times but worked like a champ for me.

I also use Sharepod. It's a great free program for just the situations the OP is in. There also ways to get other info off with other programs, if you're interested.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
Stupid question, but does Sharepod work with only iPods or what? Wonder if an iPhone would be any different here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.