Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarahjane92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
florida
Hello everyone

my names sarahjane and I adore my new Macbook Pro

I recently have been updating my youtube videos by singing using my Photobooth because I want to be able to sing and Video Record.

I am not so satisfied with the recording quality and am looking for a better application or way to have that garageband sound as well as video record that the same time.

I want to be able to put effects or change the setting sound.

Is there other programs besides Photobooth that offer video recordings and great sound quality at the same time?? I tried Quicktime which was also nice but I want to have more options..

to listen check out http://www.youtube.com/user/Sarahjanelist

Thank you contact me ASAP

S:D Sincerly,
Sarahjane

Scorch07

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
I'm assuming you are using the MBP's built in mic, in which case you are NEVER going to get decent sound quality. You're going to need an external mic, in which case we'd need to know your budget to help recommend anything.

m85476585

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
You need a real microphone to get better sound quality. The built-in one is very limited.

You should be able to split the audio from the video (not sure what the best way to do this is... Maybe export the movie as audio-only with Quicktime?), edit the audio by itself in Garageband, and put it back with the video in iMovie.

Comma

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
You need a real microphone to get better sound quality. The built-in one is very limited.

You should be able to split the audio from the video (not sure what the best way to do this is... Maybe export the movie as audio-only with Quicktime?), edit the audio by itself in Garageband, and put it back with the video in iMovie.

A USB Audio Technica 2020 Condenser Microphone is around $100 and comes with a desk stand.

It would be my primary suggestion. Otherwise you can get a USB SM57 if you're so inclined.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.