Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tcv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
I have misplaced my iPod, as you could guess from the title. I believe it is just somewhere around the house, but is there anything I can do to track it via the serial number to see its general location? I don't think it was stolen, but I want to see the location, so if it is tracked to somewhere other than my IP, I can report it.

I know of apps like iHound, but I did not have anything like that preinstalled on my iPod. Is there a program I could use where I enter my sn and it gives me the general location?

Any help appreciated.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have misplaced my iPod, as you could guess from the title. I believe it is just somewhere around the house, but is there anything I can do to track it via the serial number to see its general location? I don't think it was stolen, but I want to see the location, so if it is tracked to somewhere other than my IP, I can report it.

I know of apps like iHound, but I did not have anything like that preinstalled on my iPod. Is there a program I could use where I enter my sn and it gives me the general location?

Any help appreciated.

Well if your ipod touch was "on" and you have an active "modem" and your ipt is constantly connected to it, and if you have "app notification" like an app such as "AIM" or "FACEBOOK" and send yourself a message...you might hear a sound if you get messages with "sounds"........

Sorry to hear that.....but really I have never heard of finding a ipt via "serial number" good luck.;)

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
There is no location by serial number app. If you have the MobileMe service and Location Services and WiFi enabled on the iPod touch (a lot of ifs), you can try to send a message to it and verify whether it is still in your house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.