Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arctickev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Hi,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for ages!

I sucessfully replaced my iphone screen but originally didn't order the adhesive strips (which I've got now...)

When I took it apart the second time, the ribbon clip for cable 3 (the flat ribbon, the clip should lift 45 degrees, cable slips in then clip closes to lock the cable in place.... but the clip disintegrated so I can't keep it in place.

Does anyone know if there is a spare part for this, other wise its breaking the iphone for spares and selling on ebay which I really don't want to do!!

ONebulus

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
Hi,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for ages!

I sucessfully replaced my iphone screen but originally didn't order the adhesive strips (which I've got now...)

When I took it apart the second time, the ribbon clip for cable 3 (the flat ribbon, the clip should lift 45 degrees, cable slips in then clip closes to lock the cable in place.... but the clip disintegrated so I can't keep it in place.

Does anyone know if there is a spare part for this, other wise its breaking the iphone for spares and selling on ebay which I really don't want to do!!

:eek:
My problem to a T. I need the clip.. The pins on the board are fine. The ribbon is fine. The clip blew up. Anyone have a better name for this pin? Anyone have a possible source for this pin? Puh lease help.

3g7.jpg

This clip.

Jared.m

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
I had the same problem this afternoon when i replaced the battery!! I had opened it up previous to this and the clip was fine but when i opened it up again i tried to unclip number 3 and it disintegrated so instead i bent the prongs onto it and so far it has not come unclipped by itself.. so far lol

hectordtruong

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
the entire connector can be replaced. you can buy it on ebay and have it soldered by a professional, or if you have a small fine tip iron, and a microscope you can do it by yourself. let me know if you need help, ive done a few.

dynamitego

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
Hey I have nearly the same problem the whole connector is kinda broken...

can you tell me where to buy the parts? whats the name of the parts?
how to change it? =/

thanks a lot!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.