Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sssteven3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on my problem. My jailbroken 3gs is stuck on the pineapple logo after I did a network settings reset. I dont want to reset it because I have photos on it I wish to recover. Is there a way to fix it? and if not is there anything I can do to get the photos from another way?

Thanks guys.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
You can get the photos off with Phoneview (Mac) or Sharepod (Windows). If it's just the camera roll you want, then you can use Image Capture or iPhoto on a Mac or plug it into windows and it'll recognize the iPhone as a camera.

Then you can restore.

sssteven3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
the computer is not recognizing the iphone at all but I will give the get out of the recovery loop tutorial a try because that is exactly what is happening,

Thanks so much ill let you know how it goes :)

sssteven3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
I tried the irecovery method but couldnt get it back to normal,
is it possible that i am doing something wrong
i follow all the steps (on windows) and then when it reboots it just goes back to the loop

any ideas?

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I had the exact same thing happen to mine (3GS, on 3.1.2, unlocked) just today. The Wifi wasn't working so I did a Network reset. After that my phone would be on the pineapple logo and not go past it.

The phone would reboot itself after like every 4 minutes. I left it overnight like that and what do u know.. it booted fine when I got back to check on it in the morning.

Doing a restore was not an option since it would force me to upgrade to 3.1.3 and lock me out of jailbrake and unlock until new jailbreak tool are released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.