Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Thanks for the invite Ziwi, but I stopped running with Nike+ a while back when my sportband died..

Got a Garmin Forerunner 405, and love it too much to think about going back to Nike+

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Let's Run...

I set up a couple for the duration of the next couple months - Individual, speed and group.

thanks ziwi for making more challenges! i was planning to do it, but have been quite busy lately.

Thanks for the invite Ziwi, but I stopped running with Nike+ a while back when my sportband died..

Got a Garmin Forerunner 405, and love it too much to think about going back to Nike+

i'm glad that you like the garmin, but sad that you aren't using nike+ anymore. but the important thing is that you keep getting out there! ;)

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
i'm glad that you like the garmin, but sad that you aren't using nike+ anymore. but the important thing is that you keep getting out there! ;)

I didn't want to drop $350 on a watch, but Nike+ was just a pain. Not connecting, randomly disconnecting, non rechargeable batteries dying, sweat killing my iPod(s). Sportband solved my problems for a couple months, but then it died hard. Thankfully Nike had the voluntary recall.

It was hard finding the motivation to run without knowing how far, and quick I was going. It's nice to know times, and then trying to go out and beat them.

I really miss the Nike+ community, as far as I can tell that is one area where Garmin lacks.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I didn't want to drop $350 on a watch, but Nike+ was just a pain. Not connecting, randomly disconnecting, non rechargeable batteries dying, sweat killing my iPod(s). Sportband solved my problems for a couple months, but then it died hard. Thankfully Nike had the voluntary recall.

It was hard finding the motivation to run without knowing how far, and quick I was going. It's nice to know times, and then trying to go out and beat them.

I really miss the Nike+ community, as far as I can tell that is one area where Garmin lacks.

oh, i understand, believe me. i went thru the same logic that you did: i was thinking the same thing at one point, about getting a garmin. something that's actually accurate, and won't break my ipod.

but it came down to price for me. and so i decided to just stick with nike+.

yeah nike and apple really hit the spot with the nike+ community and all. without that, nike+ wouldn't survive.

well, good luck with the garmin. keep running! ;)

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
I run with both a Garmin and my Nike+. I run with the ipod anyway as I like to listen to music when I run, so having the Nike+ stuff is no real hassle for me and means I get to take part in the competitions. The data from the Garmin is what I use for all my training logs though!

Cheers for setting up the challenges Ziwi :D

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I run with both a Garmin and my Nike+. I run with the ipod anyway as I like to listen to music when I run, so having the Nike+ stuff is no real hassle for me and means I get to take part in the competitions. The data from the Garmin is what I use for all my training logs though!

Cheers for setting up the challenges Ziwi :D

i've read others doing the same thing. glad you're still participating in the nike+ challenges :)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
New nike+ sportband released

about a week ago now. New colors, a white background (for increased visibility), and sealed to prevent moisture from getting in (I guess a lot of people have had this problem, tho I haven't). A nice gesture, but it still has two fundamental flaws - no intervals and (most importantly) woeful inaccuracy at faster speeds. Just thought you all might like to know!

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
about a week ago now. New colors, a white background (for increased visibility), and sealed to prevent moisture from getting in (I guess a lot of people have had this problem, tho I haven't). A nice gesture, but it still has two fundamental flaws - no intervals and (most importantly) woeful inaccuracy at faster speeds. Just thought you all might like to know!

Hopefully it holds up better then the first gen did.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

thanks for the heads up. i knew it was coming out soon, but didn't know it had already been released. can you use it at night though?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
a year is long enough to wait...

got tired of waiting, so created my own challenge. it's a distance challenge.

you can find it HERE if anyone is interested in running. there are no invites required, that's like actual work and i'd rather just run and post. and drink coffee.

got 151 days to go before running Indy this fall, so training is on.

best of luck to all.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I got the app, I've been running indoors on the treadmill all winter but will look to get outside now and try the new gps app.... any macrumors challenges currently running?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
im in. but i wont hit 300 miles by the end. just here to have some fun and maybe motivate me a bit

welcome, and i just found the invite. thanks and accepted.

no worries on the 300, i just picked a distance challenge because it was easy and the first thing that popped up. i'm just hoping to get more people here back on board.

if someone else wants to start a different challenge, by all means go right ahead. just post here, or ask for 'invites' as i'd love to join.

more running is always better than less running! :)

welcome, and the rest of you nike+ slackers, let's go already!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
got tired of waiting, so created my own challenge. it's a distance challenge.

you can find it HERE if anyone is interested in running. there are no invites required, that's like actual work and i'd rather just run and post. and drink coffee.

got 151 days to go before running Indy this fall, so training is on.

best of luck to all.

well i just now saw this, and i just joined. we need more runners!

i'm training for a half marathon in nov/dec timeframe, so this should be good

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Just joined the challenge (twice accidentally:eek:). I also will not hit 300miles by the end of the challenge, but I figure 'competing" against some people will motivate me a little.

-Don

P.S., if someone wants to remove participant #8 (doncrawford7794) from the challenge, I'd appreciate it. For some reason my account decided to display my email handle instead of my screen name, so I had to make a new account. Once again sorry for the inconvenience :eek:

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
alrighty winter running peoples, let do it again already.

hats off to twoodcc for first to the finish in the last thingy i started. i ended up with a tibia fracture on a long run in July after some jackass ran a red light and i went off a curb at a crazy angle. lots of months of not running later (and lots of motrin) i'm back and ready to go some more. just in time for winter. nice.

someone want to start a challenge? distance, goal, most miles?!? don't start an age group challenge as we all know the 40 something crowd will win. :D

if not, i'll try again, but thought i'd see who else was running. cheers and happy mileage.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
someone want to start a challenge? distance, goal, most miles?!? don't start an age group challenge as we all know the 40 something crowd will win. :D

if not, i'll try again, but thought i'd see who else was running. cheers and happy mileage.

Yeah, this thread sounds great! I'm up for a challenge.
Where do we begin?

Wild54Pe

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
I love Nike+ It's my addiction
jie2.jpg

jie3.jpg

jie1.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.