Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
how do i remove a provisioning profile from itunes?

at some point in the past i must have dragged a provisioning profile that i created into itunes, and now every time i sync my iphone, the profile is added back on to the iphone.

even though i remove it from the iphone in settings > general > profiles, it is re-added when i sync.

i have had a look thru the various itunes folders and can't see anything relevant.

the itunes library in question is running on a different system than where xcode is used to develop, so it is not xcode (or anything related to that) that is installing the profile on the iphone.

any ideas ?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I'd look first in the hidden AppData folder in your user folder. To make that visible you need to enable Show Hidden Files/Folders in Folder Options, first. Then open your user folder via whatever method you prefer, and navigate from there to AppData. Mind you, there's a LOT of stuff in there, but you should find folders related to stuff that's installed (or was installed in the past). You want an Apple folder, iTunes folder, or something of that nature.

pgpprogram

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2010
I'd look first in the hidden AppData folder in your user folder. To make that visible you need to enable Show Hidden Files/Folders in Folder Options, first. Then open your user folder via whatever method you prefer, and navigate from there to AppData. Mind you, there's a LOT of stuff in there, but you should find folders related to stuff that's installed (or was installed in the past). You want an Apple folder, iTunes folder, or something of that nature.

Finally! I have been trying to figure this out for days, seriously ruining my beta testing. Thank you for your help.

For future reference in case someone googles my question:
(folder options - hidden files must be shown)
[computer name] - appdata - roaming - apple computer - mobiledevice - provisioning profiles

Thank you wrldwzrd89!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.