Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've been holding off getting an iPod because the new ones have been just around the corner. But now that they're here, what does Apple do? Puts the price up! Like they weren't expensive enough anyway! At $612 for the 20 GB, I don't see how anyone could justify buying one. Grrr! :mad:

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
jacobj said:
They went down everywhere else...

I know, which makes it even worse! We REALLY need to get some competition - there is only one Apple distributor in NZ :(

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
i feel sad for you. apples used to cost a fortune in europe, too, but thank god for euro currency the situation has changed a bit to the right direction :)

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
Nermal said:
I've been holding off getting an iPod because the new ones have been just around the corner. But now that they're here, what does Apple do? Puts the price up! Like they weren't expensive enough anyway! At $612 for the 20 GB, I don't see how anyone could justify buying one. Grrr! :mad:

That is just ridiculous, I certainly feel for you some of the pricing here in Europe has been terrible in the past too. Is there anywhere else you can get one from, Hong-Kong tends to be pretty damn cheap if you can get anywhere to ship at a reasonable price.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Hmm, despite having gone up in price, it's actually slightly cheaper than the UK price. NZ$612 is about £215/US$400.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.