Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Hi folks,

I have ordered myself an iPhone from Vodafone which I will receive tomorrow - which is basically:

16GB White 3GS, 24 month.
300 mins, Unlimited texts and unlimited web (1GB fair use).

But here is the thing - does "unlimited inclusive texts" include unlimited MMS messages? I had a look at the pricing table, and it says that picture messages cost 36p each, and video 60p each, though these are labelled as "out of bundle charges"...

If I were to guess, I'd imagine I have to pay for every MMS message on top of my contract - but it's worth checking just in case.

Thanks in advance.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
if it's like o2 they will be extra :( but I would personally use email since you have unlimited data therefore unlimited email (upto the 'unlimited cap')

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Yeah, I'd imagine I'd have to pay extra. Oh well. Although good thinking with the email, I'll just do that!

And now to wait for my delivery any time between 0800 and 1800... Argh! Way to long to wait!!

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Not sure about on contract by my o2 PAYG iPhone SIM would have 500 free sms messages if I topped up with £15 and this included MMS (MMS they said is equivelant to 2 SMS)

Unsure if this would apply to Vodafone, probably best to call them up to be honest.

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
After my O2 contract ended I moved to a 30 day sim-only contract with Voda and have 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb data for £15pm.

MMS does not form part of the unlimited texts.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Vodafone is not like o2 where you use 4 of your included messages for an mms message.

On vodafone they charge you for mms's as they have said 'out of bundle charges'

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
I'm on the original O2 £35 tariff - 600 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited Web. I 'phoned them yesterday to see if it was possible to "upgrade" to unlimited texts as advertised.

I was advised that if I use MMS to any extent, it's best to stay with the original "500" option because they are now charged for. Needless to say, I've left things as they are!

getti

macrumors member
May 12, 2006
If your on Vodafone you can add 50MMS for £2 (£2.50 i cant remember). Just call 191 and they will put it on for you

Chris3125

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2005
I'm on the original O2 £35 tariff - 600 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited Web. I 'phoned them yesterday to see if it was possible to "upgrade" to unlimited texts as advertised.

I was advised that if I use MMS to any extent, it's best to stay with the original "500" option because they are now charged for. Needless to say, I've left things as they are!

Glad I stumbled on this, I was about to do the same thing, don't use a lot of texts but thought I might as well give it a go, glad I found this first!

rssfed23

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Southampton, UK
Im on O2 - originally had the 500txts option, and upgraded to unlimited.
Before MMS costed me 4 inclusive txts, and with the unlimited txts it still uses 4 of my "inclusive" txts! - which basically means I have 500txts /4 worth of MMSs to send as TXTs done come out of the inclusive allowance :)

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Im on O2 - originally had the 500txts option, and upgraded to unlimited.
Before MMS costed me 4 inclusive txts, and with the unlimited txts it still uses 4 of my "inclusive" txts! - which basically means I have 500txts /4 worth of MMSs to send as TXTs done come out of the inclusive allowance :)
You sure about that? When I called up to inquire about the unlimited text option I was told specifically that MMS were no longer part of that tariff and that they would be charged for...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.