Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
No headphones.

Per Apple.com:

In the box

iPad
Dock Connector to USB Cable
10W USB Power Adapter
Documentation

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
What’s included.
In the box:

iPad
Dock Connector to USB Cable
10W USB Power Adapter
SIM eject tool
(Wi-Fi + 3G model only)
Documentation

Doesn't look like it. One more way to keep that price under $500. ;)

vicky123

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2010
No, and that's just as well. I would rather not pay for something to be included that is going to be tossed in the garbage anyway. iPod earbuds are the most uncomfortable things ever made.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
No, and that's just as well. I would rather not pay for something to be included that is going to be tossed in the garbage anyway. iPod earbuds are the most uncomfortable things ever made.

I agree!
They are very uncomfortable and I would just prefer to get my own.
I have all kinds of the Apple supplied ones tossed in a box.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Thank God I bought those Motorola S9-HD's recently :). I'll be using that will my iPad :).

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I probably wont use headphones much anyways. I heard the speaker is plenty loud enough and it has a mic built-in. Its gotta be better than my ipod touch speaker.

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
Good move by Apple. I have a drawer full of Apple earbuds. I never use em as the sound quality is not that great. I use Sony's for running with iPhone / iPod and Shure E4C's on planes n trains.

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
Although I don't mind the apple headphones, I don't need them for the ipad.

I'll be using my Bose quietcomfort 15s.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Regardless of the quality of the headphones, it should be included. Apple is positioning the device as a media consumption product. Headphones are included with all iPods and iPhones. They could easily toss in a pair of headphones. I am really surprised they opted not to.

GadgetX

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2010
Regardless of the quality of the headphones, it should be included. Apple is positioning the device as a media consumption product. Headphones are included with all iPods and iPhones. They could easily toss in a pair of headphones. I am really surprised they opted not to.

Completely agree, any portable media device should include earphones. My old iphone pair are on their last leg and could really have used a replacement. I really don't mind the stock earphones but I guess now is the time to upgrade..

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
The headphone jack does work the same as the iPhones though with output and input which solves alot of things for people.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I kind of find as though it is stupid that they don't include headphones, even ****** ones such as the standard supplied ones. Considering it is a mobile device ... it just seems stupid. But that is Apple. Once you used to get docks with iPods, now you barely get an iPod! Save money, save money, save money!

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
That seems strange, but like mentioned it's probably cost savings. All my Apple headphones end up in a drawer anyway.

sajjadbuet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
For me, the default headphones of iPhone are ok. Apple should have included them. I don't see a justification for removing them just because they are bad. May be they could upgrade them. Instead, they removed it :(

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
Apple can't win on this issue. They don't include headphones and everyone complains. If they DID include them, everyone would complain about how crappy they are.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
You can't fit your iPad in your pocket anyways, earbuds are made for stuff you can fit in your pocket, once you have an iPad you can use your Bose /Senheiser or whatever super high quality you want, since you still need some sort of backpack/purse/suitcase to carry it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.