Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Considering the iPad allows input from Bluetooth keyboards, I'm in the market for one. :)

I do have an Apple one for my MacBook Pro, however it's not exactly meant to be portable (I'd like this keyboard to be able to be tossed in a bookbag in case I need it).

Any ideas? I'd love one that could just be folded up and tossed into a bookbag. Not necessarily full sized, but preferred.

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas
Considering the iPad allows input from Bluetooth keyboards, I'm in the market for one. :)

I do have an Apple one for my MacBook Pro, however it's not exactly meant to be portable (I'd like this keyboard to be able to be tossed in a bookbag in case I need it).

Any ideas? I'd love one that could just be folded up and tossed into a bookbag. Not necessarily full sized, but preferred.

I have a Stowaway BT (foldable) keyboard from my WinMo days that worked great, i was even able to get it to work with my iPhone.

I'm going to try and see how I like it with my iPad before I invest in another one.

They stopped making them and I think can be had fairly cheap now on Amazon and other sites.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

Is it confirmed that any bluetooth keyboard will work with it? So far all I heard was that the Apple one will. Yeah, I know its supposed to be a standard, but who knows what kind of crap Apple pulled with the drivers. Same thing with stupid stuff like the keyboard extension cord. You can only plug the keyboard into it because of a stupid little notch. Heaven forbid I actually want to just use it as an extension cord from my USB hub to my desktop to plug flash drives into. I would just use my Apple keyboard USB hubs but it always says low power when I plug things in. I'm not bitter!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.