Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rewq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
Hey people,

I'll just start out by explaining the problem that I have;

I bought the LaCie Little Disk 320gb about a year ago and it has been working fine till recently..
The problem that I have is that the laptop that I use (Powerbook G4) doesn't recognize the HD anymore.. I have tried all cables (both firewire's and the usb) but nothing works..
I did try it on multiple computers (macbook's / imacs and even some windows computers) not one did recognize it. (well the windows computer I used it on did recognize it but it cant open it and Windows Explorer stops working till you pull out the HD).

The only think I can think of is that I pulled out the HD to many times without safely removing it first..

I got a lot of data on the HD and I'd (offcourse) like to get it back,
I haven't been to the store yet (going somewhere this week).

If anyone here had the same problem it would be great to share how u solved it (or ofcourse if u didn't solve it..)

Much love:)

--edit--

the blue light on the HD is lit up when i plug in the cable, wich is normal
the sound the HD makes is normal aswell..

Rewq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
well, I did just do a check on the windows computer of my roommate,
wich indeed found the HD and stated that it works normal..:confused:

alltho this clearly isnt the case,

on my own laptop I cant find the disk utilities.. xD
(never had to use it so dont know where in the system configuration screen it is)..

oke i just downloaded and installed SMART Utility from the apple webpage,
it only finds my HD from my computer..
not the external.. unfortunatly

Rewq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
ehm ye I found the disk utility thingy (wich is a complete different set of words in dutch, so took me a while to get there)
ehm it finds the disk but I cant run a test on the disk (get an error wich stats that there was a fault whilest leaving the disk)

When i trie to reset it i get the same error...

now thinking of deleting all the content on it..

mayb a visit to the shop first i guess..

-edit-
could not read boot block (Input/output error)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.