Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stringtheorist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
I put my iMac to sleep before I go to bed and it usually stays in that state until I get up. Lately something is waking it routinely during the night. I have attempted to fix this by following the suggestions in Mac Help but I still can't get to the bottom of it.

Philinghorn

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2009
Hampshire, England
Hi,
My iMac used to do this, I found out because my parents came to stay & slept in the same room as my 27" imac, the bright screen kept waking them during the night.
I turned off "wake for network access" in system preferences under Energy Saver, I unticked the box & all seems fine now.

Hope this helps

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
It could be the Bluetooth Mouse. Have you tried turning the mouse off?

I never turn off my mouse. Is that something I should be doing anyway? batteries seem to be holding up quite nicely. That is one of the reasons I have left the mouse on, to test the battery life and so my system is always ready to work.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I never turn off my mouse. Is that something I should be doing anyway? batteries seem to be holding up quite nicely. That is one of the reasons I have left the mouse on, to test the battery life and so my system is always ready to work.

Nope definitely not, I leave my on all the time just for ease of use and this is the way Apple intended it for use. I have just read reports that bluetooth mice sometimes cause the iMac to wake from sleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.