Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
I bought a mb, albeit 2 months used for 700.

Decided I could live with it for a couple years. So far I like it. I'll just pretend it has an i5 in it or something lol

Sometimes instead of focusing on the i7, if you focus on the money you've saved you are just as equally satisfied. :D

BMJT

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2009
Bristol, UK
Finally Bought a 2.53 13" MBP

Was waiting for what seemed an eternity, but I found an amazing deal on eBay and couldn't turn it down - Just bought a 2.53 13" MBP for only £780. Should the new ones be brought out any time soon, I should be able to sell it for close to that to fund the upgrade.

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
I bought one as well a week or so ago. I got tired of waiting and i needed a notebook. So here i am. Loving it so far, but i gotta be honest, i have a best buy premier card so i can return it within 45 days and not have to pay for the restocking fee. :)

dbater

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2006
Victoria, Canada
Hi.

I am planning to buy a MBP 13" once the refresh happens, this will be my first Mac as I'm switching from Windows, not because I don't like windows but I just wanted to try a Mac for a change, friends who have switched to an iMac or Mac mini are happy with them. I currently have an Acer dual core intel laptop which was bought in Mid 2006 so it has lasted almost 4 yrs so far and when I get a MBP I'll be hoping/expecting the same sort of lifespan.

I was wondering, you are replacing a MB which is approx 18 months old, are you replacing it because it doesn't work anymore or is not up to the tasks you are using it for or did you just wanted to upgrade to a MBP. I don't want to start a Windows Vs Mac battle, I'm just trying to determine if my expectation of a 4yr lifespan for a MBP is unrealistic.

Thanks

I purchase a new Macbook Pro and Mac Pro just because they have new models and I can't resist. Macs will run forever, don't worry... it's a great purchase. I purchased my MBP a week ago so if a new one comes out I have been assured that I can send it back and get an upgrade. If it comes out in three weeks.... no big deal.... it does what I want and you can't chase technology all the time.... just be happy with what you got!

GTWH

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010
I purchase a new Macbook Pro and Mac Pro just because they have new models and I can't resist. Macs will run forever, don't worry... it's a great purchase. I purchased my MBP a week ago so if a new one comes out I have been assured that I can send it back and get an upgrade. If it comes out in three weeks.... no big deal.... it does what I want and you can't chase technology all the time.... just be happy with what you got!

Yeah, I have heard that in comparison with the Windows PCs, Macs have a longer usable life before the demands of the latest apps become too much for the CPU/GPU/Memory etc. I just got a bit concerned because I have seen a couple of posts where people mention that the logic boards on there MBPs have failed when their machines are out of warranty but still (in my opinion) quite new, ie 18-24 months old. I don't really want to spend the sort of money that MBPs cost if it's going to have a major failure in less than 2 yrs. I'm guessing it's an occasional fault but I thought it was worth getting some other views on it.

Hope you enjoy your new MBP.

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
About a month ago the wife and I both got new MBP's. She got the current 13", 2.26ghz, while I got the original unibody 2.66ghz, with removable battery, 512mb video ram, 320gb hard drive (which I immediately swapped for a 7200rpm that I had on hand). Our local Microcenter had deals on both that we couldn't pass up. She was upgrading from a 12" Powerbook, and I from a last generation all-aluminum 2.4ghz MBP.

We are both very happy with these even though they are soon to be old (and very old) models. Hopefully we will both get at least a few years use from them, she will for sure, I tend to upgrade a bit more frequently.

edinmpls

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2010
Ordered a 15" MBP last week from Small Dog. It's used; I was nervous about this but I've heard generally good things about SD and the price was right. The only problem I've had is a holdup with the shipping address, they wanted the bank to confirm shipping addresses, which is unusual, or so the bank tells me. We finally got it straightened out and it should arrive tomorrow. Not a moment too soon. I've been computerless at home for three weeks! It will replace an old (2004)iBook, so I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

regulusblack

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2010
I just got my 13" MBP on Monday...I didn't even think about seeing when they would be updated, so now I'm annoyed that I bought it right before the new ones come out. :( Oh well, I love it anyway!

the629

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2010
I just got my 13" MBP on Monday...I didn't even think about seeing when they would be updated, so now I'm annoyed that I bought it right before the new ones come out. :( Oh well, I love it anyway!

Return it?

Errr nevermind... you're past the 3 day mark:eek::eek::eek:

Whatever that means...

jrwalco

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Syracuse, NY
13" MacBook Pro

Two weeks ago today I purchased the entry-level 13" model (2.26 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HD, using educational discount). My new MacBook Pro has replaced a late 2005 12" iBook G4 (1.33 GHz, original 512 MB RAM upgraded to 1.5 GB, 40 GB HD).

The iBook has been a champ for over four years - I would have stayed with it if I had not been constrained by disk space. That said, I'm very pleased with my new MBP so far. It's beautiful and responsive.

I have been following the "waiting for arrandale" threads, but have no regrets about the timing of my purchase and not waiting for the new models. I most likely would have requested a price adjustment if the new models would have come out within the last 14 days. Although many will argue that the current MBPs are old technology, my own typical use doesn't necessitate the increase expected to be provided by the new hardware. Comparing the use of my new MBP vs. my iBook is itself a boost in overall user experience that I'm definitely enjoying!

Cheers...

Model: - MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)
Codename: - ?
Build Country: - Your Mac was built in Changhai, China.
Build Year: - Your Mac was built in 2010.
Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 6 of that year (February).
Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 615 to be built that week.
Source: AppleSerialNumberInfo.com

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
Just got 15inch 2.66ghz unibody MBP today...apple replaced my earlier one with this one...

I am planning to sell it for around $1700 (is it a good price for a relatively new machine? ) and buy the new one...

would be sweet if they also launch the back to school promo...:D

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Received this past Monday as a replacement for a Late '08 15" 2.66 uMBP:

Model: - MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009) (CTO)

Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 11 of that year (March).

Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 488 to be built that week.

mattydee87

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Ordered a MBP yesterday and got AppleCare certificate through e-mail with my serial so here's the info..

Model: - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)

Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 10 of that year (March).

Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 906 to be built that week.

Source: AppleSerialNumberInfo.com

Rendergroup

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2009
Perú (South America)
Hello:

Finally!!! after all doubts to switch, I´m convinced after 20 years of windows use, time to move on and try this new OS.

I ordered on Mar 19, 2010 my MBP (Refurb) 15.4" antiglare 2.66Ghz. 9400M+9600M GT 256Mb.

Delivers by March 24

Time to wait for using it ==> 1 month (going to USA to pick up the machine and some days off).

I´m eager to use it :)

plaxico44

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
PA
Hello:

Finally!!! after all doubts to switch, I´m convinced after 20 years of windows use, time to move on and try this new OS.

I ordered on Mar 19, 2010 my MBP (Refurb) 15.4" antiglare 2.66Ghz. 9400M+9600M GT 256Mb.

Delivers by March 24

Time to wait for using it ==> 1 month (going to USA to pick up the machine and some days off).

I´m eager to use it :)

So do you have any idea that an Arrandale MBP is due to come out any day now?

mike8717189

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2010
Canada/USA
I'm looking to buy one as well, as I'm waiting like many here :rolleyes:, if I can find out locally in (canada) for 1000. new, I'll take it. I have seen few, but they go fast. New one here is 1299. + tax.
Either I get new for retail or current for very good price, I'll be :D either way.

the629

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2010
People really don't care. I bought mine two weeks ago and I am loving it. It will still be just as good in six months as it is today.

refurb is probably the best way to go.

WORD UP.

Just ordered my 1st MBP thru the :apple: refurb store a couple days ago & can't wait til it gets here.

Who knows when the refresh comes out. It's all speculation. And when it does.. sell the old one if need be. What a concept.

The current generation will suite my needs perfectly.

zyk

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Fr.
Just received my 13" low end today !

Model: - MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) (CTO)

Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 12 of that year (March).

Production Nr.: - Your Mac was number 560 to be built that week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.