Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Millerbrew22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Have an iPhone 3gs, jailbroken, and one morning I woke up and had the message "warning-not enough memory". Looked on some other forums and saw I should ssh into the phone and delete my itunesControl subfolders. It got rid of all of my "other"space, but music did not work. I synced, put music back on and deleted the iTunesControl folder again, and now it just stays at 5.3 GB. I cannot restore because I will have to update to 3.1.3 and I cannot jailbreak if that happens. If anyone could help me through this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I was going to say you had Rock, which is causing your problems. Rock has a bug that creates log files that eventually take up your SSD. Do you have Rock? Delete it and the log files. Search and you'll see all the threads on this issue.

Millerbrew22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Already did that. Sorry I didn't mention that before. I have used cyberduck to look at every file on the phone, and nothing is even close to being big enough to take up that much space. Is there a way I can search for big files in cyberduck?

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Already did that. Sorry I didn't mention that before. I have used cyberduck to look at every file on the phone, and nothing is even close to being big enough to take up that much space. Is there a way I can search for big files in cyberduck?

Is cyberduck set to show hidden files? Could be trash files or log files but they are usually hidden by default.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Rock didn't make big files, but lots of little ones, if I understood the previous posts about it. So, you don't have Rock installed?

Millerbrew22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I will check the hidden files, but I'm sure it is set to show them. I have deleted Rock and the RYP folder that is left behind, so I know it isn't Rock. I'm just so stumped, it's rediculous.

loki007420

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2009
Detroit
Same thing happened to my 32g 3gs last week... It was chargeing on my desk and when i picked it up to send a text i got the message not enough meemory.. I checked my settings -> general-> about and saw i had 0 free space.. I knew i should have at least 14g.. So i looked around my phone and deleted some stuff, got about 1.5g free and then 10mins later without doing anything to my phone i got the message agian and boom back to 0 free... I kinda freaked out and wasnt sure what to do.. Then the phone locked up completely so i held to power button down for what seemed like forever (could have been 10mins) and when the phone finaly powered off and came back on i was back to over 15g free.. So i still have no idea what happened.. but i do have rock installed and im going to delete it now..

Millerbrew22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Same thing happened to my 32g 3gs last week... It was chargeing on my desk and when i picked it up to send a text i got the message not enough meemory.. I checked my settings -> general-> about and saw i had 0 free space.. I knew i should have at least 14g.. So i looked around my phone and deleted some stuff, got about 1.5g free and then 10mins later without doing anything to my phone i got the message agian and boom back to 0 free... I kinda freaked out and wasnt sure what to do.. Then the phone locked up completely so i held to power button down for what seemed like forever (could have been 10mins) and when the phone finaly powered off and came back on i was back to over 15g free.. So i still have no idea what happened.. but i do have rock installed and im going to delete it now..

Is your phone jailbroken?

Millerbrew22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Good point. Just slipped my mind. I've turned my phone off and on so many times lately I don't think that is the answer to my problem. But I will try that when I get home from work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.