Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dieselyute

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
Itunes cant connect to Iphone, iphone sluggish

Hello and good day, this is my first post. I need help with the error mentioned below for Mac OS. This happens when Itunes is loaded and the iphone is plugged in.

iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000023).

I'm running this on a PPC and I have had an issue prior to this message when I tried jailbreaking the iPhone. It had disconnected and was tryin to reconnect. Ever since then, the iphone has been moving very slowly and when I push the home button it responds but the menu takes a looong while to load, after it loads I do not have any difficulty with it. I have been tryin to unlock it to work in Jamaica, where I reside. Please guys, I really need your help on this one,

Thanks

bistro

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2007
Have exactly the same problem here, with the same symptoms as described
http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/iphone-help-error-8960.html

Hello and good day, this is my first post. I need help with the error mentioned below for Mac OS. This happens when Itunes is loaded and the iphone is plugged in.

iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000023).

I'm running this on a PPC and I have had an issue prior to this message when I tried jailbreaking the iPhone. It had disconnected and was tryin to reconnect. Ever since then, the iphone has been moving very slowly and when I push the home button it responds but the menu takes a looong while to load, after it loads I do not have any difficulty with it. I have been tryin to unlock it to work in Jamaica, where I reside. Please guys, I really need your help on this one,

Thanks

loko3610

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2009
i tunes could not connect to the iphone ** because as unknown error occured (0x800003

Hi My Ipod Touch Has An Error Called:
itunes could not connect to the iphone ** because as unknown error occured (0x8000035)

On The Screen It Come Up With A Image With The Itunes Sign And The Usb Cable. I Cant Do Anything On It And When I Try To Plug It in All It Comes Up With On The Computer Is:
itunes could not connect to the iphone ** because as unknown error occured (0x8000035)

Please Can Someone Help Me.
I Have A Pc With Vista.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Hi My Ipod Touch Has An Error Called:

On The Screen It Come Up With A Image With The Itunes Sign And The Usb Cable. I Cant Do Anything On It And When I Try To Plug It in All It Comes Up With On The Computer Is:

Please Can Someone Help Me.
I Have A Pc With Vista.

RESTORE IPHONE:
Step-by-Step

1) Close all programs and restart computer.
2) Open iTunes and plug in powered off iPhone with direct USB connection.
3) If iTunes fails to connect to iPhone...continue to #4, if it does...restore.
4) Shut DOWN iTunes again.
5) Power OFF the iPhone & Disconnect from computer. (Power off two ways-one will work, hold home and sleep button until off or just hold sleep button until off)
6) Hold down Home button & connect to computer using direct connected USB cable (keep holding down the home button until iTunes sees it).
7) It should go into recovery mode and iTunes should recognise it.
8) If you want to recover to previous software version, Hold Alt/Shift and click restore in iTunes. Then select the old update version.

DFU MODE:
Step-by-Step

1. Turn the iPhone ON
2. CONNECT it to the computer with a DIRECT USB connection.
3. Make sure iTunes is open so you'll know when it enters DFU mode.
4. HOLD the Power/Sleep-Wake button AND the Home button for 10 seconds.
5. RELEASE only the Power/Sleep-Wake button and continue to hold the Home button.
6. WAIT until iTunes recognizes the phone in DFU Restore mode (in Windows a bubble pops up saying it recognized new hardware "DFU Mode" or something to that effect)
The last step may take SOME TIME, like, say, even 60 seconds or so.
The screen should be OFF (black), if you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo, START OVER.
It may take a few tries to do the steps just right, just reboot
(hold both Power/Sleep-Wake AND Home until the Apple logo appears and the phone turns back on) then try again.
7. Then restore the iphone

-Plug one end of the cord into your phone and the other in your computer
-Remove the cord in your computer, leaving the cord in the phone still plugged in
-Hold both the home button and on/off button on the phone
-Once the screen turns off, let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button
-Plug in the other end of the cord in your computer while still holding the home button on the phone
-Once the apple logo appears, continue holding until you see the plug into itunes screen on your phone
-Click restore.

loko3610

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2009
Fixed

The Restore Fixed It I Think. The One Where You Restart Your Computer.

phamdinhnguyen

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
The Restore Fixed It I Think. The One Where You Restart Your Computer.

I'm not as lucky :mad:
I attempted the same process "RESTORE IPHONE".
It went thru step 7, I selected to recover. It took a long while telling me that it's preparing, then eventually it failed with dialog saying "...iPod could not be restored..."
See attached images.
I probably will try the second method DFU. Btw, what does DFU stand for?

Attachments

• FailRecovery.jpg
    FailRecovery.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,727

gadgethacker

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2009
This May Help

I'm not as lucky :mad:
I attempted the same process "RESTORE IPHONE".
It went thru step 7, I selected to recover. It took a long while telling me that it's preparing, then eventually it failed with dialog saying "...iPod could not be restored..."
See attached images.
I probably will try the second method DFU. Btw, what does DFU stand for?

Sorry if you already fixed it, but just wanting to help other people in need to complete this post.

DFU means "Device Firmware Update" which lets Apple to restore any phone to a clean, factory setting phone with any firmware required. This is used worldwide to jailbreak an iPhone or an iPod Touch.

When it said that "iPhone could not be restored", that meant that iTunes is not capable to handle that software (firmware) on your iPhone. I restored my friend's iPod Touch at school to OS3.0 and with iTunes 7.5. It kept cancelling the restore at "Verifying iPod Software" because it does not have the newest drivers that is capable to run the new firmware.

If your iPhone was restored to, let's say, 2.2.1, on the same iTunes, then your iPhone software is corrupted. You would have to use the DFU mode restore to fix your iPhone. But it is mostly recommended that you update your iTunes to the latest. If you jailbroke, then you should stick with iTunes 8.2 beta because it is capable with Jailbreaking applications and is compatible with the new iPhone OS3.0

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Sorry if you already fixed it, but just wanting to help other people in need to complete this post.

DFU means "Device Firmware Update" which lets Apple to restore any phone to a clean, factory setting phone with any firmware required. This is used worldwide to jailbreak an iPhone or an iPod Touch.

When it said that "iPhone could not be restored", that meant that iTunes is not capable to handle that software (firmware) on your iPhone. I restored my friend's iPod Touch at school to OS3.0 and with iTunes 7.5. It kept cancelling the restore at "Verifying iPod Software" because it does not have the newest drivers that is capable to run the new firmware.

If your iPhone was restored to, let's say, 2.2.1, on the same iTunes, then your iPhone software is corrupted. You would have to use the DFU mode restore to fix your iPhone. But it is mostly recommended that you update your iTunes to the latest. If you jailbroke, then you should stick with iTunes 8.2 beta because it is capable with Jailbreaking applications and is compatible with the new iPhone OS3.0

Hmm...I dunno. When I had that error (except that the code was 6 or 13 instead of 1611), I made an appointment with the Genius Bar and they replaced my iPhone. They mumbled something about flash memory probably having gone bad. But mine got past "Verifying iPhone Software" and kept failing at "Installing iPhone Firmware".

Libralove

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2008
Because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000025)

Has anyone got this before?

Mine is "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an
unknown error occurred (0xE800006B)."

And that hangs iTunes and message box cannot be escaped and so I have to force quit iTunes from the Apple menu.

I am soooooo sick of this horsesh*t! It happens a lot! I should not have quit all programs, reboot the Mac and do that dance posted here to reinstall and reboot, hold my mouth just right, then jump through some hoops to get iTunes to recognize my iPhone. Nonsense!! Can't someone at Apple code this mess correctly.

Stoner

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
Wexford, Ireland.
Mine is "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an
unknown error occurred (0xE800006B)."

And that hangs iTunes and message box cannot be escaped and so I have to force quit iTunes from the Apple menu.

I am soooooo sick of this horsesh*t! It happens a lot! I should not have quit all programs, reboot the Mac and do that dance posted here to reinstall and reboot, hold my mouth just right, then jump through some hoops to get iTunes to recognize my iPhone. Nonsense!! Can't someone at Apple code this mess correctly.

Got brand nu 3gs on Monday last and as soon as i connected it got error 0xE8000065. Similar error to the posts here. I did a full restore (as instructions above, Thanks SFC Archer)) etc. But to no avail, i am still getting the same error. I think this error is a flash memory fault (mentioned above) So it's going back to the shop today for a replacement.

champssmith

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
Here are steps for this stuff:
1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
2. Open the Internet Options control panel.
3. Click the Connections tab.
4. Click the LAN Settings button.
5. Select the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.
6. Click OK in both windows.
7. Reopen iTunes and connect your iPod or iPhone.
8. Update or Restore your iPod or iPhone.

Cheaptrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
I'm having the same problem. "iPhone cannot connect ... " but I do not think it's the iPhone. I can get my work computer, my friends' computers, and my brother's computer to reckognize the iPhone.

My computer is the only one I use that is giving me this error. I'd be surprised if the fixe is wiping the phone. Does anyone have a fix that involves iTunes?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
^^^^^^^
You didn't say if you have a pc or mac. You may just need to reinstall iTunes. Also, it could be due to the USB port your using. Try those fixes first. There are others.

JBron23

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
Same problem with me,just bought the iphone that was unlocked with 3.1.2 software and accidently clicked upgrade to 3.1.3 when itunes popped up now it has the picture of the usb cord pointing to itunes.I'm using windows and itunes says that the sim card is not supported with this iphone.Any help would be appreciated,thanks

Stoner

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
Wexford, Ireland.
I'm having the same problem. "iPhone cannot connect ... " but I do not think it's the iPhone. I can get my work computer, my friends' computers, and my brother's computer to reckognize the iPhone.

My computer is the only one I use that is giving me this error. I'd be surprised if the fixe is wiping the phone. Does anyone have a fix that involves iTunes?

Totally agree, My iPhone 3gs 32gb works on everybody else's pc but mine. Brought the fone back and it worked on the pc in the shop. I have uninstalled etc done soft.hard resets etc. And over the wknd i reinstalled xp comletely,,,,still no go. After all that i did discover in device manager in properties for imaging device (only when iphone connected) it made reference to missing/lost or corrupt iphone registry entries. I even have Uniblue registry mechanic, Didn't fix it either. Conclusion (IMO) the blame lies with iTunes/Bonjour/Quicktime/apple application support/apple mobile device support.

Thank god i have an external hard drive. I synced all music podcasts etc to it and synced to iphone on another pc. ;)

Cheaptrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
I'm on a PC I built myself. I'm using a P55 chipset which seems to be giving everyone with the same chipset this issue. I updated my BIOS drivers and that issue went away.

reinstalling iTunes - didn't work
restoring iPhone - didn't work
switching USB ports - didn't work
switching versions of iTunes - didn't work
switching Firmware on iPhone - didn't work

**IF your on a P55 chipset, try updating the BIOS**

DragonOrb

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
What worked for me

I was looking at this problem today on a XP Pro SP3 machine and noticed in the system error log a bunch of COM errors I went into the services and started the COM + System Application. When we reconnected the IPhone it was recognized by iTunes and started syncing. This IPhone had not been able to sysnc to this computer in over a month. Made her happy, and I hope this helps someone because I registered just to put what worked for me out here.

rwtlover

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
hello all, I experienced the exact same issue with my iphone.
As weird as it sounds, changing the cable fixed the problem !

Hope this helps someone

telcomtechie

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Worked like a Charm

I never would have thought this was it.. but it worked like a charm.. Magic.. Thanks Much!!

Here are steps for this stuff:
1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
2. Open the Internet Options control panel.
3. Click the Connections tab.
4. Click the LAN Settings button.
5. Select the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.
6. Click OK in both windows.
7. Reopen iTunes and connect your iPod or iPhone.
8. Update or Restore your iPod or iPhone.

Macalw

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
unknown error occurred (0xE800006B)

I see some suggestions for PC what about on a mac?

I am getting this after restoring my i-phone 3g won't put my itunes back on the phone?

Any suggestions would be so helpful!
thank you

spidervye

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Confirmed!

I was looking at this problem today on a XP Pro SP3 machine and noticed in the system error log a bunch of COM errors I went into the services and started the COM + System Application. When we reconnected the IPhone it was recognized by iTunes and started syncing. This IPhone had not been able to sysnc to this computer in over a month. Made her happy, and I hope this helps someone because I registered just to put what worked for me out here.

Confirmed. Starting the "COM+ System Application" service worked for me.
Closed iTunes.
Unplugged iPhone.
Started the service.
Plugged in phone.
iTunes started and detected my phone.
Running WinXP Pro, SP2, iTunes v9.2.1.5

Thanks for your post!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.