Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BngOfaBtflRlshp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Well, I'd say in about 3 days or so, iPad will be here: ) Can't wait! Been counting the days since keynote..

One thing me and my cousin have been WAITING to do, is play battleship, monopoly and RISK together by syncing my iPad to his.

Question is, can you actually sync 2 iPads through Bluetooth or wifi to play games? Some games? Most multi player games?

Me on one side of the couch, him on the other, playing battleship together wirelessly with our iPads would be whimsical. Yea I said it, whimsical.

Monopoly, RISK!!!

harry*333

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
well at least on the iphone/ipod touch I havent seen any games capable of doing this without a wifi network,
I've played X-Plane Carrier with my sister and its awesome

BngOfaBtflRlshp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
well at least on the iphone/ipod touch I havent seen any games capable of doing this without a wifi network,
I've played X-Plane Carrier with my sister and its awesome
Would be nice through Bluetooth when and where wifi isn't available...

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
Ha, playing board games on the iPad with a friend, never thought of that. But then the closest friend I have that will be buying an iPad lives about 2 1/2 hours away. I guess I will have to keep playing with myself...:p

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
There'll be games where you don't need two iPads. The iPad is big enough to handle two or four players at same time.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
You can play through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Difference is that Bluetooth is with only two players whilst Wi-Fi can have more.

BngOfaBtflRlshp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
So far, I've seen a ipad battleship game. Not the prettiest but its 2 player over bluetooth and wifi!

RISK!, well haven't seen a iPad optimized one but there's the luxor one, and it's nice and addicting. I'm not sure but I think it's 2-4 player over wifi.

Monopoly, there's the ipod/iphone versions. But expect a really nice hi res ipad version out soon if there's not one out already! Gotta check tomorrow : )

Scrabble! With multiple ipods and iphones being able to sync to the ipad as the main board is awesome to hear!

Then there's air hockey 2 player sync....

And POKER!!!

Going to be some EPIC battles... going to be fun!

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
So far, I've seen a ipad battleship game. Not the prettiest but its 2 player over bluetooth and wifi!

RISK!, well haven't seen a iPad optimized one but there's the luxor one, and it's nice and addicting. I'm not sure but I think it's 2-4 player over wifi.

Monopoly, there's the ipod/iphone versions. But expect a really nice hi res ipad version out soon if there's not one out already! Gotta check tomorrow : )

Scrabble! With multiple ipods and iphones being able to sync to the ipad as the main board is awesome to hear!

Then there's air hockey 2 player sync....

And POKER!!!

Going to be some EPIC battles... going to be fun!

Just wait, there'll be a lot of new games coming out in the next several months that'll push iPad into a new category of gaming, completely different from the iPhone versions.

BngOfaBtflRlshp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Please don't take this the wrong way. I would do it too if I had an iPad multiple iPod touches.

http://gizmodo.com/5508312/the-real-cost-of-scrabble-for-ipad
I don't get it.

I had a touch (brought back after seeing ipad keynote in January) tomorrow will have an iPad. My family and friends have touch's and iphone's that'll sync up..

I don't know about Scrabble, don't care for it too much, but I took this as a good indicator of ipad's capabilities syncing up to ipods/iphones, and where multiplayer games are going.

Poker, texas holdem, RISK, battleship, monopoly etc, playing comfortably without setting up cards or boards and pieces sounds good in regards having an iPad etc..

I know I'm going to enjoy luxors RISK game on the iPads 9.7" screen A LOT more than I did on the itouch.

Poker, battleship etc between iPads would awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.