Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I didn't order the keyboard dock or that neat Apple iPad case when I reserved my iPad -- and now those things aren't available online. Will the stores possibly have some in stock on Saturday?

Someone posted here that the stores would have all the accessories in stock. I don't have a link though.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
I'd be worried about accessories running out with all the people there buying iPads.

And I wouldn't be 100% sure you can walk into an Apple store and buy only an iPad accessory on Saturday. With the 2 lines, I doubt they'll let anyone else in until later in the day. By then I'd expect the cases and docks to probably be gone.

RebelRed

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2010
I didn't order anything extra either. I can wait though. Nothing is a must-have right away for me.

BTW, does any bluetooth keyboard work with the iPad?

firteen888

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
Just curious, why not get a bt keyboard?

The apple keyboard has a dock which will allow the ipad to sit nicely while typing. I would imagine a bluetooth keyboard wouldn't be too comfortable to use while trying to balance an ipad at the same time.

BacklitFirefly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
Sandhills Area, North Carolina
I'll be at that Apple store by 9 a.m. Saturday to pick up the iPad I reserved there anyway, so hopefully if they have any of the cases I want I can grab one then.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure I need the keyboard dock yet. I might want to just experience the virtual keyboard and the "holding" aspect of the iPad first. ...hm.....

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
The apple keyboard has a dock which will allow the ipad to sit nicely while typing. I would imagine a bluetooth keyboard wouldn't be too comfortable to use while trying to balance an ipad at the same time.

But an iPad in the regular dock with a bluetooth keyboard that you can pull back away from the iPad a bit might be more comfortable than the attached keyboard on the dock.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
I didn't order the keyboard dock or that neat Apple iPad case when I reserved my iPad -- and now those things aren't available online. Will the stores possibly have some in stock on Saturday?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC184LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTczMTA0OTY

You can Always use this keyboard with the iPad - it just doesn't have the DockStand/Base.

MC184_AV1

MC184

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I would get a Wireless keyboard and instead of the Apple iPad Dock i would get this much more practical stand/dock by Twelvesouth called "BookArc".

main1bookarcforipad.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.